jumping into the digital pool

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: jumping into the digital pool

Postby tracyridge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:45 am

Hey gents
Thanks for all the help, I believe I figured out my screw up. I failed to isolate the power feeds for the lane change motors/circuit boards on the lane change tracks..... sooo. when I tested the track with analog power, the switch motors and circuit boards were getting juiced with analog power...and they were fried! :o :? does this sound plausible?

John
tracyridge

Re: jumping into the digital pool

Postby buspor63 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 am

tracyridge wrote:Hey gents
Thanks for all the help, I believe I figured out my screw up. I failed to isolate the power feeds for the lane change motors/circuit boards on the lane change tracks..... sooo. when I tested the track with analog power, the switch motors and circuit boards were getting juiced with analog power...and they were fried! :o :? does this sound plausible?

John

I'm not certain that is a problem. In digital mode, the LC's see a constant 14 volts. They only activate when the car passes over and the LED sends the signal to energize the solenoid. On my track, I left the LC's wired in, but was certain to separate the lanes and disconnect the CU when in analog mode.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Digital Racing