[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Future Digital Proxies - Ideas & Feedback

Future Digital Proxies - Ideas & Feedback

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Future Digital Proxies - Ideas & Feedback

Postby MrFlippant » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Just a quick note on the new slot.it type C chip... I love it and am fully supportive of it... but... even aside from the fact that it won't be out for a few months, it will still be an unknown entity as far as how it works and such. I would suggest that the next proxy not consider this in any way. Give it until the next one in a year, when at least the early issues are worked out with firmware updates. Also, right now, if the idea is to use it on both Carrera and SSD tracks in the same proxy, it looks like the firmware needs to change whenever it changes tracks, at least at first. I don't think it's reasonable to expect track hosts to upload firmware into all the cars prior to racing, even if they have a device that is capable of doing so (a recent smartphone/tablet). It is hoped that a future firmware will be able to run on any track without any intervention between them. Until then, let's stick with what we know works.

That said, I'm on board with opening it up to more cars. Maybe have two classes, one for stock Carrera, and one that's open. It can often be fun to see what people do with cars when all holds are not barred.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:01 am

I would personally love to see a DTM class that is all stock, other than tires. DTM is by far my favorite class, and all the cars are as close to equal as you can get. The driving skills would really come into play to set the cars apart.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Im just thinking here, I wonder if we can set up a vote to see what the participants want to race?
We could gage intrest and what intrests most. Organizers could pick from these or add more.
Set up a poll and have GT, DTM, Classics, Group 5, group C, Corvette challenge, ferrari challenge, lamborgini challenge. participants vote in the poll and best 2 or 3
I like most classes and hope we would have enough for 2 or 3 classes.
I wonder if the carrera Digital chip will handle a stock slot it motor? I think the scaly chip was iffy.
If it does, we could have a good group of stock Group C cars with only modification is digital chip, lights, and tires. any other mods to run on digital? The technical stuff would have to be published like where the LED needs to be mounted.
Another item we could look at is carrera digital 1/24 cars.
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:13 am

R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:38 am

I have to disagree with ya Randy on running analog. This is a Digital proxy. Running on analog will turn it into just another proxy race.

I will agree with you on the Slot-it cars. I also run slot-it's with the chip and have no problems but I think the race environment with several cars would put much on a strain on the CU/PS. I think I read somewhere that the CU was resetting from to much of a power draw on startup.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charley » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 pm

I have been racing 1/24 cars since the '60's and am just really getting into the Digital cars. I must say I really like the concept of digital. Personally, I am pretty much open to any and all classes with a preference to the Group5 cars.
My opinion would be to try to keep the costs down at least for the next year or so to enable newcomers to "get their feet wet" in the hobby. Like......totally stock out of the box except allowing the rear tires to be changed.

Just my thoughts. You set up the race and I'll try to have a car for it.

Charley
charley

Postby charley » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Any word on when the race is?
charley

Postby charley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

I have read all the posts. Has anyone given thought to the type of "system" to be run on? The question would better be.....we need to decide on what chip to use also. I believe that not all chips are alike.

My thoughts,

Charley
charley

Previous

Return to Digital Racing