SMALL TORQUE MOTOR SPEEDWAY- Monday Night Racing Series

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

SMALL TORQUE MOTOR SPEEDWAY- Monday Night Racing Series

Postby BIG E » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Opened the 1/24 Reality Modified season, and the competition was tight! The cars were pretty well dialed in, and there were many lap after lap, side by side battles throughout the evening. Did a little last minute, pre race thrashing on the front end of my red #14 "Race T-Jets" mod, and the car seemed to come around well. For a while anyway...
I think that little red racer wants to be the "Little Red Wagon", 'cause it just loves pullin' wheelies off turn two! Next week I'm gonna tweak the guide flag spacing, and get the front tires up just a hair. That should save me from the little "expansion strip" that's formed on the back straight (Tony's going to adjust that out anyway). Otherwise, the car pulls hard down the straights and drives good through the turns, too. Another 1/4 oz. behind the guide and I should be good to go!
Up next was my favorite, the FCR hardbody race. Powered by stock Parma 16D Deathstar motors, these cars CRANK. I sold my best handling body to a competitor who had destroyed his in practice. He had no spare, and I wanted him to be able to compete. It was a Chevelle, anyway -- I'm a FORD guy -- and I threw on an AMT Falcon body I had (from their "Modified Stocker" series). It wasn't as good as the Chevelle, but it's temporary. Finished 2nd to Tony's hooked up '69 Chevelle, if I remember correctly.
Next week I hope to have something ready from the blue oval like a mid-late '60's Torino or Fairlane.
Until then... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection