[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New 1/32 Scale Club North Liberty, Indiana

New 1/32 Scale Club North Liberty, Indiana

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

New 1/32 Scale Club North Liberty, Indiana

Postby Indy500Lee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 am

Trying To Start A Slot Car Club in North liberty, Indiana, Would Like To start anytime soon, I have a NINCO 2 lane, 120 + Lane Length Track with Laptimer and Professor Motor Electronic Controllers (Soon To Have Slotit Controllers), Adjustable Power supply with 6 Power Taps Into Track, all you have to do is show up with your slot car box! Would Like to have a Meet and Greet To talk about Race Schedule And Race Rules, If You Are Interested Please e-mail me at penske1@embarqmail.com

Thanks,

Lee :D
Indy500Lee

Re: New 1/32 Scale Club North Liberty, Indiana

Postby Indy500Lee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am

Nothing Yet, but its Summer!! Maybe Later In The Fall!! If Not I will Keep Racing and Keep One Of The biggest Slot Car Collections In The Area In The Basement!!
Indy500Lee

Postby Indy500Lee » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks Bibbster, I have Been Tring for about 8 Years Now, I post this up Once a year But, No Interest. Tried Putting Up Signs In Local Shops Had people Come By, They Said It Was Too Expensive, But I see Them At the air fields with RC Airplane and Helicopters, Like I said It's Ok, I will keep racing, Not only do I have A 1/32 scale Track, I have a 4x16 HO Track, and a 1/24 American Orange (disassembled) That I am Going To Work On This Winter, so If you pass through Northern Indiana You are all welcome to stop by if only for a hour or 2!! I will Start This July Posting My Own Race results with Different Class Cars, Maybe My set ups can help You at your own club events!! Thanks again !!!

Lee
Indy500Lee

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:40 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 am

Lancer Lee, how are doing?
Glad to see your still plugging away at it my friend. Shortly after I met you at Harry's old shop years ago, myself and Kurt hooked up through a "meet up site link". Kurt had 3-4 players, when I joined and we got together on Thursday nights & Saturday afternoons. I still enjoy these little toys as much as anything i`ve ever done. Our club has around 12-15 dedicated, and 5-8 might be there, might not be there members. Our biggest draw in my opinion has been the fun and food,getting together with friends we`ve made, showing each other our latest aquired, or custom built slot car. We are a very fortunate group in that our better halves get along, and regularly attend slot nights to BS and have fun too. No timed races, no certain car you must have, you don`t even need a car just come and see if you like us. Some have stayed around and even built tracks that added venues for us to "play" at. currently 9 - tracks at 7 different locations, and 1 under construction.
When I see a "club" that has a (Race Schedule And Race Rules) I have zero interest. I raced in a HO club many years ago, and know first hand what this can turn into. mo money..mo speed..mo rules..friends become competition, and eventually no club. Not saying this is 100% but just sayin..
If I have a need for competition, the sprinkled in proxy race here and there is about all I need.
All I can say is Kurt never advertised slot car racing, and we still don`t we play with slot cars together
Good luck buddy !
Mark:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 am

Well said, Mark. That's more or less what destroyed our group. A bunch of ultra competitive guys from other groups that fell apart invaded us and the next thing you know, there's only one kind of racing with only one kind of car, and blood and guts was the rule.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Indy500Lee » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks Everyone, I Know I have Not Been Around Here Lately (If You Remember Me I Use To Be LancerLee) And Have Not Got Together and Raced Back at Harry's New Place, Allot Of Personal Stuff Has happened but, If Mark and Kurt you want to get together and plan a meet up at your track I am willing to come down every couple of months and race!! Do You Still Have the Derby Race Weekend? That Goes for everybody I am Willing To drive to Have A Couple Of Hours Of Fun!! Thanks everybody!!

Lee
Indy500Lee

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Good to hear from you, Lee. :) It's been a long time! I do head north from time to time, since Jenny lives in Ypsilanti.

One club you should get in touch with is CloverLeaf in Fenton, Michigan. They are very active, have a great race program, and they're a bunch of great guys.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Indy500Lee » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:51 am

Hey It's been a long time since I posted been in the back round watching everything about slotcar racing, I still have my large Ninco track to practice and setup cars on, race allot overseas and still visit places when I get time, let me know how you guys are doing, if you have any events coming up. If you are in northern Indiana look me up and bring some cars to race!!

Lee
Indy500Lee

Return to Club/Home Connection