SHOULD YOU GAIN A SPOT

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

SHOULD YOU GAIN A SPOT

Postby slotguy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi racers...do you think you should gain a spot in a race if the power goes off for a track call or should you be placed back where you where when the power was turned off. And should you get a lap if you roll througth thelap counter when the track is turned off for the same reason. I dont think you should gain spots or lap unleds the race is under power so all cars are under power not because you can roll the most with out power .dont get me wrong I can build a car the can roll with the best of them but if I win a race I want it to be because I raced for the win not because I rolled passed a car the was standing still. Would like some input from some other rscers on this site
slotguy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SHOULD YOU GAIN A SPOT

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Just a quickie, 'cause I'm up to my butt in alligators right now, but this is what we decided was fair... If you coast a long way after a track call, the distance is yours, but since a track call kills the light bridge, you should be put back in front of the finish line so the lap counts. Its a simple rule and it works fair for everyone. I personally used the lack of braking for Carrera cars to gain as much as three feet of coast by leaving my finger on the trigger after the power is killed for a track call. But when it took me through the light bridge, I was very pleased to be placed in front of it, even if I lost a foot or two.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: SHOULD YOU GAIN A SPOT

Postby Austin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Just like real racing, Off car goes to the pits for a lap ( car put back on track and waits till all other cars pass ) while others get to chose the gap to the leader, No passing
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection