[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slots in San Antonio

Slots in San Antonio

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Slots in San Antonio

Postby blkdog1 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 am

I recently got The Fever, again.... and it's not going away. Not sure as yet as to how far I am going to go.... could be The Max. Build my own track or tracks, open a shop, or will I be happy renting track time? San Antonio is blessed with two Fine Commercial 8 Lane Tracks at Magnatech Raceway, (one has been around since the 60's and is quite renouned) I have yet to place a car in either of the tracks slots but it's coming.
I have Not been able to find any local clubs or any other slot tracks close by. Thus this thread.... Does anyone out there have any idea if their are any Slot Clubs and/or tracks in the SA area? Need some help on that one. Are there any people in the area wanting or willing to Start/Join a Club?
Not too long ago I lived close by the SCC guys and his buddies in NE. Missed out... but will now pack my car when headed back for visits. As I will to all parts of this fine slot nation. If ya'll can help me out with my local issues, that would be great. Thanks......
Hope to see you at the Track
blkdog1

Re: Slots in San Antonio

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 am

blkdog1,

Welcome aboard the HRW forum. I would advise holding on, riding along and doing some reading prior to going out and going hog wild.

There is so much to slot car racing today, but I'm sure that you will shortly find the part that you really like.

I've never been to San Antonio, so I can't answer your question.

However I will say this: with today's economy, things like slot car racing are not high on the list for many people. We have a club that does not charge dues and the racing is free. However folks don't come out on a regular basis. Kind of hard to figure out. But we still have FUN and that's the important part.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby blkdog1 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 am

Advise taken into account... I am a researcher by nature and have been doing a lot of homework. I have excellent woodworking skills and a Degree in Engineering. I worked in the aviation industry for many years and also have CNC/layout expertise and have worked with very tight tolerances. I am looking forward to seeing how far this can go. I also am a double 60's guy!
blkdog1

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 28, 2013 10:58 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 am

Welcome! With that background, you'll have no problem building a track that makes you happy. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Club/Home Connection