Central Florida Racing

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Central Florida Racing

Postby torquemutant » Fri May 17, 2013 5:06 am

Spent the afternoon, doing some intense test and tuning, at DeBary Glen Raceways, Debary, Florida. Bob DeWoody and Marty Stanley are gracious hosts that can school you on any slot car racing technic. There are two 1/32nd tracks… Scalextric Sport and a wood routed, that offer extremely spirited competition. When in the Orlando area, be sure to stop by and get to know what Southern Slot Car Hospitality is all about. Don’t forget pencil and paper because you will definitely want to take notes. :banana-rock:
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Central Florida Racing

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri May 17, 2013 8:45 am

TorqueMutant,

I am certainly glad you enjoyed your day of fun, frivolity and functionality.

Clearly we "ran" our slot cars rather than "raced" our slot cars. That was a whole lot of FUN and makes for a very enjoyable day without any pressure for anyone. While no one said "GO" we all kind of lined up, waited on the others to get close and went. It was quite enjoyable.

From what I was seeing you learned a lot about your equipment, especially your controller. That made me very glad. I know Bob mentioned to me today that he also noticed a large jump in your driving ability as the day progressed. That made me very happy.

So, when shall we repeat this enjoyment? I'm busy for the rest of the weekend, but I will be home by Tuesday of next week. I have a couple of things I need to work on with a few of my cars, but I'll be ready to go once again by the end of the week.

We're looking forward to your next visit.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Return to Club/Home Connection