Harry Has Never Slept Here!

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Harry Has Never Slept Here!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 am

I was born and raised in the northeastern US. I remember seeing all these "Washington Slept Here" signs everywhere. I know that he had a great influence on the direction of this country.

Well to the best of my knowledge, Harry Wise has never "slept" in DeBary, Florida, yet he has had a great influence on DeBary Glen Raceways!

An opportunity happened where we could acquire a routed MDF track that would fit into our facility and still allow us to retain our original Scalextric plastic track. All the logistics were accomplished in a very efficient manner and the new track found it's way to roost.

I will be the first to document the fact that we were kind of stymied as to what we should use to make our racing as much FUN as what we had become accustomed to on our plastic track. I sent a letter to Harry and asked his opinions on lots of fronts. Then I tried all of them and they all worked. "Slower is faster" is a comment that really worked and now that the track is rubbering in with Paul Gage and Yellow Dog rubber, it is getting more better and more better all the time.

Then he had to do a review on some of the new Carrera "Historic" Stock Cars. BTW - DeBary Glen is located about 30 minutes from Daytona International Speedway and the Carrera cars caught on really well. Some might even go so far as calling it an addiction, but we are having a whole lotta FUN.

All I can possibly say is this . . . . . . Thank You Harry Wise!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: Harry Has Never Slept Here!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Outstanding.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Harry Has Never Slept Here!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey, you are welcome and very nice of you to comment.

Glad it is working out. Truth is, it is YOU folks that are making it work. A smart group is one that keeps the fun going, you guys seem to have that in spades.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Club/Home Connection