[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideas for track walls please.

Ideas for track walls please.

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Re: Ideas for track walls please.

Postby Broman62 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:12 pm

The Frost King gutter guard is plastic and comes in black...I painted mine with Krylon for plastic Silver paint!! I believe it was in a 24’ roll and I cut it into 2-12’ sections and wrapped it around!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am

Hey Broman62 , how did you mount the gutter guard ?
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 am

I was throwing out an old window blind and saved the slats to use. The posts are plastic tubing sold in Lowes plumbing department and I just ran some long drywall screws in to the base board.

The regular Carrera rails got beat up over time. I overlapped them a bit in the direction of travel.

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:47 am

I like that , I think I will use your idea for the track I plan on building
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 am

Home Depot sells corrugated plastic sheets in 6' x 3' that works well and it's easy to cut in whatever height you want. I used shoo goo at the base to hold it down.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/72-in-x-36- ... /202771364
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 pm

All good ideas , might use all of them in some form . I am very glad I found this web site , enjoy reading and seeing the different cars that everyone has built .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:45 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 am

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ra7c7er » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Years ago I did custom walls for a track. I used scale lumber to mimic the local dirt track and that was EXPENSIVE but looked great as cars hit and damaged it. I wish I still had the pictures.

Then I got cheaper and smarter. I will soon be using foam HO roadbed glued to a roll of styrene. The foam looks great when painted and between the styrene flex and the foam it gives just enough to prevent major damage. I got the idea from wanting to have a cheap way to cover the stock Carrera guard rail. Nice thing about it I can use the Carrera guard rail clips where it makes sense and use nails or skewers in other places.
ra7c7er

Previous

Return to Club/Home Connection