Interstate Home Slot Racers new season starts 107

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Interstate Home Slot Racers new season starts 107

Postby 4380r » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 pm

The IHSR season kicks off on October 7 on a member's home track in Abingdon, Maryland

Rules updated for the 2017-2018 season, as well as (the still filling out) schedule can be found at:

interstatehomeslotracingclub.yuku.com

We race four classes of 1/32 scale cars on home tracks in Maryland, PA, and WVA. Typical race draws 10 to 14 or more racers. All layouts but one are routed 3 or 4 lane wood tracks, the other is rare three lane, true 1/24 Scalextric plastic track.

Typical race day starts with host opening his home at 8 am or so (mostly a Saturday every 2 to 3 weeks, occasional Sunday) for practice/test/tune/bench racing. First of 4 classes starts around 10 am. After running two classes, there's a break for pizza lunch, then the last 2 classes. The scheduled classes usually finish up, with guys on their way home by 3 or 3:30.

Depending on time and interest, the host may conduct an IROC race with cars of his choice.

We've been an active club since 1994, and have always put fun and camaraderie above 'win at all costs,' but the competition is fun.

For more info check out the website, or email me at tlbrace2008@yahoo.com
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Interstate Home Slot Racers new season starts 107

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Good for you. I have had it up to my back teeth with competition-obsessed guys.

"have always put fun and camaraderie above 'win at all costs"

Definitely. Good for you guys.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Mayberryman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Rob, I have raced with these guys on and off for four years, they are definitely a group who knows how to race and more importantly, how to have fun. If you go to their web page you can see that there has been a spirited discussion about the coming year rules but you can bet that on that first race day and every other race day the only conversation will be the good natured barbs and the out loud laughter we all have when talking about ourselves and our competitors. For anybody who loves good racing I would invite you to come to one or more of these races where you can see that good natured fun does not get in the way of racing and competitive racing does not get in the way of good natured fun.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:24 pm

That's the way it always should be. Take a lesson, world. This is the way to do things.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Club/Home Connection