Unique incentive to come try Interstate Home Slot Racers!

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Unique incentive to come try Interstate Home Slot Racers!

Postby 4380r » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Here's a unique incentive for folks in the Mid Atlantic area who love racing 1/32 slots to come try Interstate Home Slot Racers.

We run a basically 'stock' Carrera (analog) GT/modern sports car class. Only 'mods' are the magnet must get pulled and weight added to taste...otherwise stock: motor/tires no mods to body and/or chassis.

I have three brand new class legal cars that guys brand new to IHSR can 'earn' simply by showing up and racing the next two races (3/25 in Poolesville, MD and 4/1 in Abingdon, MD).

Here's how it works: new guy (as in having NEVER attended a past IHSR event, in whole or part) shows up at the Poolesville race on 3/25. The first three such newbies (we have loaners for the other 3 classes, and possibly an IROC race) picks one of these Carrera cars to run that day. I will have the magnet stripped and weight added before the race.

Cars get returned to me at the end of race day.

For the NEXT race on 4/1 in Abingdon, any of those three guys that show up to race will be given the Carrera car they raced on 3/25 as the end of that event. That's right, it will be theirs to keep!

Moreover, I've have a lightly used PM commercial controller that will be given away in a drawing on 4/1 to any 'newbies' who've qualified for a free car!

If MORE than 3 guys show up, the others will, as always, have loaner cars to use, but getting 'a car' will be to the first three on Poolesville race day.

IF a new guy who was not one of the first three shows up on BOTH 3/25 and 4/1, he will qualify to get one of the cars if one of the original three qualifiers doesn't show up in Abingdon on 4/1.

All 'ties' will be decided by some variation of a coin flip.

So c'mon, come try IHSR on 3/25 and 4/1, and possibly walk away with a new Carrera car, and for one guy...possibly even a controller!

Reach out to me at tlbrace2008@yahoo.com for more info about locations and times of the 3/25 and 4/1 events.

4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Unique incentive to come try Interstate Home Slot Racers

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Slick idea to promote the racing and get guys hooked on just how fun these cars are to race! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Awesome thing you're doing there!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Meanwhile, I'm figuring mileage\lodging for the trip from Iowa. :lol:
Great idea there..I'm sure you'll get three new guys when they hear about this!
DaFisch

Postby RazorJon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am

Wish I was still at Aberdeen P.G. great idea to get a guy hooked :text-bravo:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Bump: Unique incentive to come try Interstate Home Slot Race

Postby 4380r » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:47 am

A reminder about the IHSR race tomorrow in Poolesville, MD and the incentive to get new guys to give it a try!

Email me directly at tlbrace2008@yahoo.com for info.

This is the track on which we'll be racing:

4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection