Happy Daytona Day Race at Insane Speedway

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Happy Daytona Day Race at Insane Speedway

Postby midmoslts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Results and pictures from the Daytona 500 race at the Insane Speedway.

We honored the Daytona 500 with a few races of our own. We had a novice and pro class, but didn't discourage those with less experience from trying their hand at the big heavy cars. Novice class cars are old Parma Flexi 2 cars that LocoRacerTom and I have picked up at the local slot car show in Saint Louis over the past 2 years. They have been reworked and fitted with H&R Hawk motors and we run them at 13.5 volts for the novice class. They will still run 4.2 second laps in the hands of a experienced driver, but the novice drivers run mostly 4.6 - 4.5 second laps. The novice race was an IROC type race with each driver running a 35 lap race in each lane.

Congratulations go to Trevor who had only one heat race win ever to his name going into the race and swept all of his heats and came home with the overall Novice WIN! Looks like he finally took some advice from his dad.

The so called pro class (none of us are pros in my mind, but it needed to be called something) was made up of H&R hard body mid 90's NASCAR cars with M/T 5 motors. Nothing really fast about them, but a hand full to drive. They were run IROC style with each driver running 125 laps in each lane for a total of 500 laps. Man what a race.

Now for some pictures and videos...

Lets start with some track improvements that were done before the race.
The start finish line before.
The new line installed.
The old light bridge over the new line.
New infield added. The front stretch got painted, but the other 2 pieces did yet. I just ran out of time.
I re wrapped the light bridge and added the Monster Energy logos to it. After all NASCAR is now The Monster Energy Cup.
The Hardware ready to be given away (A special thanks to LocoRacerTom for donating the trophies).
The BIG one?

This is a compilation video. The first few seconds is from last years Daytona race.
Watch on youtube.com

The first part of this video is Trevor finishing his last heat that in the end gave him the overall win.
Second half is the first heat in the pro class.
Watch on youtube.com

Complete results and lots more pictures and videos to come as soon as I can get them all uploaded.
Thanks to all who came and made this a great race day. As always a special thanks to LocoRacerTom who painted 2 cars for the race, helped me build them, then helped me tune them all for the race. As always he is a huge help and it would be hard to have an event like this without his help. Thanks Tom!
INSANE SPEEDWAY
Machinist, It's not Rocket Science, but try to send a man to the moon without one.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Happy Daytona Day Race at Insane Speedway

Postby bigman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm

:text-goodpost: Great looking track, :idea: like the new light bar, the Monster. :text-bravo:
Going to take some time to get use to the new headline sponsor. :clap:
The new monster girls are easy on the eye's. :clap:
Like the yellow borders too, they really pop. :text-bravo:
:auto-checkeredflag: Looks like everyone was having a blast. :auto-checkeredflag:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Thank you for the complements. Hard to believe that the track will be 2 years old on Easter weekend and it's still not completely done. I will say that it has been a labor of love building it. I'm sure that I'm not the only person to work on a track like a mad man until it got to the point it could be raced on and then spent more time racing on it than working on it.

As for the new sponsor, it will always be the Winston Cup in my mind. I know they gave it up some time ago, but it was the Winston Cup for as long as I can remember. I will admit that Monster has done a lot for the other things they have sponsored and I would expect no less for NASCAR. Besides, that logo looks kick a** on the light bridge with the track colors.

The black/yellow was chosen because of the pop (in your face) look. Must admit that I stole that from SCC Canada. I saw the pictures of his build and fell in love with the look.

We had a pretty good turn out and everyone did have a good time. We had racers form 6 to 60 something.
INSANE SPEEDWAY
Machinist, It's not Rocket Science, but try to send a man to the moon without one.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Race Results.

Novice class
1) Trevor
2) Lonnie
3) CoCo
4) E. J.
5) Victoria
6) Baby B

Pro class
1) Karl
2) Tom
3) Nick
4) Bryce
5) Dan
6) Frank
7) E.J.
8) Chance

More videos soon.
INSANE SPEEDWAY
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm

In no particular order what so ever. Some more videos. Videos of races is not something we have perfected, but with some luck we will get better at doing them.

Another track improvement was the addition of track call buttons all around the corner marshal areas. In some of the videos you may notice the yellow led lit buttons in the side walls of the track. They are lit yellow to make them easy to find. Once the a call button is pushed they all go dark to indicate to all the marshals that the track is not under power.

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Hope you enjoy.
Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
INSANE SPEEDWAY
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection