[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DeBary Glen Race From Here to Eternity Results

DeBary Glen Race From Here to Eternity Results

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

DeBary Glen Race From Here to Eternity Results

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Friday evening, Dec.21st, we put on a race commemorating the end of the Mayan calendar. Due to the somewhat cold weather that blanketed the State of Florida earlier in the day and a new round of colds and flu that incapacitated several of our contingent of racers the field was limited to four drivers, two of which were new to the track. They were Larry Granger from B.A.R.F. in Ocala, Stu Marder, Robert Parkinson and myself. Due to the chilly weather we decided to shorten the race to our normal 3 on 2 off rotation format. I had seven of my Scaley LMP prepared and selection was first come first pick with Stu arriving earliest picking my Essex green and white Porsche. Robert was second to arrive and he selected my Peugeot. Larry arrived last and selected my silver Cadillac LMP while I picked my Muscle Milk Lola Aston Martin. While waiting about 30 minutes for another expected driver to appear everyone got in some practice laps. We finally heard from the fifth driver who could not make it and promptly set up the computer for the race. Unfortunately I left the race results at the raceway and will post the official results as soon as I can.

Larry took the early lead and never looked back winning the race by several (I think 4) laps, Robert had a strong race and came in second, I had trouble with the Muscle Milk Aston Martin and it's wobbly front wheels and finished third just ahead of Stu in fourth. We all had a great time and I hope to see Larry and Stu return.

I also must mention that Larry's wife was gracious enough to participate as race director and track call marshall.

Here are some images from the event.
Larry

Robert

Stu
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DeBary Glen Race From Here to Eternity Results

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am

Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am

Good stuff. A win for the old Caddy...even better.

Congrats on a fun event.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 am

Great to hear you guys had a good time, I DO plan on coming by if we get down this summer. You'd better have AC though, I melt above 90 degrees...

BTW - I had no idea folks in Florida had jackets!

Oh, that START car looks right at home in the field!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Club/Home Connection