[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Postby midmoslts » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:18 pm

The time has finally come. On 2/21/16 will be open. This is intended to be a fun run with a race or 2 thrown in along the way. It will all be in the name of fun with lots of time to run whatever you want. Yes I know that it is Daytona 500 day and I have it covered. The race will be on a 50" TV that is next to the racing area as well as on the 150" screen in the theater just 35' from the track. Lets just say that it's a race themed get together.

I don't have the food totally worked out yet, but I would be willing to say that there should be plenty of good eats to be had. Spiral sliced ham and the fixings to make sandwiches with it if you would like along with potato salad will be the main dish. It goes without saying that we will have chips and something sweet to snack on too. I always put out soft drinks, but you are welcome to bring harder drinks of your choice.

My home is a non smoking home, but I was a smoker and want you to feel welcome too. The smoking area is in the screened in porch just 5 feet from the track so you can see the racing action or the race on TV while you smoke.

While I have plenty of room, this is my first time having such an event and want to be sure that everyone has a good time so I am going to limit attendance to be safe. If you are local and have not already heard from me and would like to come send me a PM. We do still have room for a few more at this point.

I hope that the main attraction is the Insane Speedway, but I am also putting up a Carrera oval track for those of you that don't care for turning right. It looks like the feature race is going to be the vintage NASCAR on H&R chassis, but one never knows. Sometimes an unexpected race ends up stealing the show.

Things get started at 9am on the 21st.

Lets have some fun boys! :auto-driving:

For more info see the post: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13435
Last edited by midmoslts on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Insane Speedway fun run

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:55 am

Great to see! If I was closer, I'd have to look at making a visit on the 21st!
Hope it is a great inaugural event!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby midmoslts » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh come on. Ohio isn't that far. I make tips to S.E. Michigan on a regular basis. Can you honestly tell me that you haven't driven farther for less?

Well if you are ever out this way look me up. I'm sure we could arrange some time to have fun.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Definitely appreciate the invite!
And I agree - I really need to make a road trip out here to check out the slot action in the show me state!
:D
(time to start looking at a good time for a road trip later this year!)
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby midmoslts » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Just FYI, Razor Jon, Insane Speedway, and HRW are all in a row. It's half an hour from Jon to me and another hour to HRW. Now I wont speak for the others, but you are welcome to come check out the action at my place. Sounds like a slot racing dream trip to me.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm

What? Let other people visit here??? Well....I'll think about it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:58 am

Ya, that's what I figured. It's always hard to talk you into letting people come play at the Skunk Works.

Heck I almost forgot about FryDaddy. He is not far, but again I don't want to speak for others. We are just very lucky to have several great tracks and great people in our area.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 am

Yep Its past time to run my track, take Harry a couple hours to clean it first, hope you guys have a few magnet cars :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Jon,

I'm up for a trip most of the time. Lets put something together and get it out the the other guys. I bet we can get a few of them to come out and play.

I heard you were thinking about taking down the big track and doing something different. Any truth in that? If so what are you thinking about doing in it's place? I know some local track builders that may be willing to help if you are thinking wood.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Frydaddy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm in for sure! Would be cool to run on 4 different tracks all within 2 hrs at the most. The trip to Harry's is a easy one and good looking scenery to top it.

I'd love to run on Razors track with that huge backstretch with some good cars and I bet they are flyin!

I can't wait to run on the Mid Mo track, that thing is awesome! I'm gonna put a screw in my controller so it only goes 1/2throttle, maybe I can stay on then :)
Frydaddy

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:22 pm

UM 6 Hr drive from Nashville. H&R I take that this is 1/24 scale. When you say Vintage NASCAR what years are you referring to? At Bullet Vintage is 60-79. I'll need to see if Bullitt is running their 7th Annual Bullitt 500 that Saturday. 2 Hr drive is a lot easier than a 6 hr drive. What motor? MT5 at Bullitt. We had run the H&R Hawk as well. I have both.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Well lets see if I can answer some of these questions.

H&R 1/24th. scale is correct.
Vintage to me could be just about anything before the 90's, but what I would like to focus on is 65 to 75. With that said if you were to show up with a 55 Chevy I would say that's vintage. Lets run it.

Motor options are... MT5, Piranha, or even the Hawk if that's all a guy has. The MT5 is the motor that I usually run in my H&R cars, but it is not all the easy to get at this point. The Piranha is what I plan to run on my car for the race. In testing it runs hand in hand with the MT5 on my track. The Piranha is punchier off the corner, but the MT5 doesn't seem to really give up anything to it in the end. If any thing it is slightly tougher to drive do to it being so snappy off the corner.

Gearing recommendations.... MT5 10/26.....Piranha 9/26, but it is open and you can do whatever you want.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 pm

UM just checked your start time 9 AM have to leave at 3 AM. Will consider. Let's see what Bullitt is doing for the 500.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:37 pm

9am is just when we are starting to gather. The 500 starts at 11am and I wouldn't think that we would do much more than run whatever we feel like and play. We may run some qualifying laps, but we could run your laps when you show up if we needed to.

Keep me posted.

I'm with you Frydaddy. Races on 4 different tracks within a few hours of each other sounds like a bunch of fun. I think we should take these NASCAR cars on a tour of the local area and see how they do. Harry has the oval. I have the road course. Jon has a small oval and a huge road course. Then you have another oval. What a great mix we have in our area. I can't see how this wouldn't make for a good time. Not to mention we are all kind of in a row. If we were racing at your place, Harry could drive to Owensville and catch a ride with us. We could stop and grab Jon along the way. Great racing and a plan to save the environment all at the same time. WOW
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Club/Home Connection