[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Re: Insane Speedway fun run

Postby Frydaddy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm still waiting for the official certification and a name for the track! We'll have to see if it gets the approval to be in the mix of these fine tracks :)
Frydaddy

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Well lets make a plan to get you certified. Hell my friends have been telling me I'm certifiable for years. It would be nice to know that I have finally been certified. That would be one thing I could quit worrying about. None the less we can see if you are certifiable.

Did you see the story behind the name of my track? It was going to be something different, but as I was building it and getting supplies people would ask what I was building (You know just trying to be helpful). When I would tell them I was building a slot car track I would get the same look. You know the one....Are you Insane? So I thought......well maybe, but even if not that's what I should call it.

So long story short (to late for that), a name shouldn't be all that hard to come up with. With all the uni-strut I saw in the pictures I put in a vote for Sparky Speedway. See, these things happen in a flash. How shocking.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:45 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Easy now. Not so fast. I'm sure we need to check it out first hand to be sure. I wouldn't want to risk certifying his track without properly testing it out first. You know looks aren't everything. But good hard racing with friends is sure fun.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Frydaddy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm

It's got to run good and that's what it's all about! You can put a pig in a dress.......ummmm well you know! After running at HRW it's a high bar to meet :D
Frydaddy

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Yep. Lipstick on a pig. That's why I went with the bright yellow walls. You know, yellow lipstick.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Bullitt is running the 500 on the 20th. Decisions UM.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Well I wouldn't take a thing from the Bullitt boys as I am from Louisville, but I would say that our food may be better and it's free. I think that you are sure to have a good time no matter what you decide.

Hmm, on the 20th. you say. I have it on good authority that it is only 5-1/2 hours from Bullitt county, KY. to Owensville MO. and we are racing on the 21st. Could be an epic sloting weekend if you were up to all the driving.

Yep, I'm a trouble maker.
Last edited by midmoslts on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Will there be any other type cars run besides the 1/24 NASCARs?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Sure. I don't have a ton of cars like some people do as I have only been doing the larger cars for about a year. I was a HO guy, but I'm all better now.

I have about a dozen 1/32 cars. Several H&R cars. Some commercial cars. They run pretty well on my track. Laps in the mid to low 3 seconds. One of my favorites is the Whisper Jets. I have 4 of them that we use as a IROC class. The car stays with the lane and the drivers rotate. It amazes me how often these old rental cars steel the show. Fast, Fun, and can take the abuse of tough racing action. We often run them as a crash and burn type race. Sort of a last man standing if you will.

We also run whatever people bring. Lots of open track time to run whatever and if we have something that will run with it we will get it out and run.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Start padding the walls Frydaddy the Insanity is heading you way. Are you using foam, urethane, or silly's on your track?
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Frydaddy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 pm

I've only used foams and P.G so far, just learning to drive the rubber tires at this point. You can use whatever you want as long as there is no goo involved :D
Frydaddy

Postby midmoslts » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:16 pm

It is getting close to green flag time.

Tom was over today to help get some odds and ends wrapped up and tune on his chassis a little.

Chance and his dad Jason showed up to work on Chances first 1/24 scale car. They had worked on the body at home over the past few days and came seeking help and tools to get the chassis under it. While it still needs some tuning they got it together and he was able to turn some laps with it tonight. Don't panic Chance, Tom and I will help you get it tuned up to run with the pack.

I spent a few minutes on my body and got the clear coat on it. Not perfect for sure, but it is a stock car so it will do. Also ran the naked chassis to break in the motor and see what I had for a starting point.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Have one more chassis to put together. So there will a pair for anyone to use. Might be slow, but they will be there.

Spent most of the day prepping Tom's Toy Box. He needs some of his gizmo's, gadjets, and assorted silly stash to create stuff.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm sure he will appreciate it.

The PG tires are a bit of a handful still on my track, but we will all be in the same boat. Boat???? I thought we were racing cars. I really need to pay more attention.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Club/Home Connection