[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Insane Speedway fun run UPDATED with resulst

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Re: Insane Speedway fun run

Postby RazorJon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:48 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Awesome, I cant wait.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:36 pm

You wont know until it's to late. Race them and see.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 pm

As much as I hate to say it I'm going to have to postpone the race. I just got home from the doctor and I have the flu. I much as I have been looking forward to this I don't think that any of you want me to give you the flu.

While the Daytona 500 wont wait for me to get better to race I would like to try to have the race on 3/5/16. Let me know if that works for all of you that were planning to come.
Last edited by midmoslts on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:48 pm

With the flu, no matter what they may tell you, you just have to wait it out and keep up the fluids. You get better faster when your body has fluids to circulate healing and fight infection. Flu shots have a very limited functionality because every year the variant of flu is different, making it impossible to get the right flu shot until the flu for that year has identified itself. Flu shots also deny your body the chance to fight the flu for itself. That's why flu shots are so important for the elderly, whose defenses are less strong.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby midmoslts » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:16 pm

It looks like this should be a good race when we finally get it in. With my suddenly found spare time I have been running some laps and putting flu bugs all over the cars that have shown up already. The lap times are all very close. Mine and Toms were among the slower of them, but we are still working through the tuning. My car is actually pretty quick, but it is so edgy that you have to drive it like a puss or it will be out of the slot. If I can manage to dial the edginess out of it, look out. At this point that is a big if.

The thing that amazed me is how close in time the other cars are and that they drive about the same. One of them seems like it weighs more than all the others by quite a bit, but it's speed and handling is more or less the same as the others.

I think in the end this is going to make for a real interesting race. Don't worry, I'll keep tuning till I'm out of time or quicker than I am now. After all the body has only been mounted for a day.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Well the guys in Daytona just wouldn't wait for me to get over the flu to race. Congratulations to Denny for a race well run. He was in it the hole day and in position in the end to make a hell of a move to get the job done.

I hung out trackside by myself and watched the race and ran cars. After the race was over one of the local guys came over to work on his car. I warned him, but he stayed anyway. Well we made some progress on his car and ran the cars that were setting hear waiting to be raced.

After running several hundred laps in each lane with the PG tires the track is changing for the better. The cars are becoming much more drivable than in the past. Now what is confusing is that the cars are taking on totally new handling traits. Without naming names.... one is twitchy, fast as heck and super easy to over drive. One is slower, lazy in the corners and super easy to drive. I ran it for 100 laps and never came close to coming out. One is jumpy, pretty quick with plenty of punch while free in and off the corners. However it will sometimes take a hard set and jump off the turn or out of the slot depending on the part of the turn it is in when it takes the hard set and hooks up.

With nothing better to do than watch the race and tune on my car I stayed hard at it and have found something good. Rather than set and pout I just keep trying different things. I had the PG narrow tires on it in the beginning and it chattered like mad. So I mounted up some XPG tires on some rims I made and it was better, but I thought I may as well keep playing around with it as I had nothing better to do. In the end I tried the PG wide tires that I had ordered from Slot Car Corner on another set of rims that I had made. It took some serious work on the Tire Razor to get them how I wanted them, but WOW. In the end they are the ticket for the way the track is at this point. They may prove to be too much grip if the track takes much more rubber, but for now they have a nice balance. You can't drive it in to hard or the nose will be out in a flash, but you can drive it off a ton. If you work the throttle you can keep the tail in your lane when you need to and make good time, but you can really get after it when you can let it hand out some. Best of all it is smooth as all get out no matter how you drive it and FAST as heck.

For the 2 drivers that will be absent when the race is run I would be willing to try the tires on your cars if you are interested. Let me know and we can get Slot Car Corner to send a couple pairs of tires and I will make a couple pairs of rims. It's about a $12.00 risk and I cant guarantee the results, but I will do my best if you are interested.

It was a bummer to be watching and running cars all alone today when I had so much more planned. It was a real pick me up when I had someone stop by and not want to run off even after he was warned. I just hope he doesn't get sick.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:17 am

midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 am

One of you that I was talking with said they did not see the new date posted. This is a reminder that the date for the fun run, H&R NASCAR classic race is 3/26/16.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:13 pm

looks like I can make this one
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby midmoslts » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:35 pm

cool. Cant wait. I hope everyone can make it.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:47 am

It's almost time. The race is next Saturday and I can't wait. I still have a lot of work to do before then. I started installing a ceiling in the basement a few weeks ago and I just have the border tiles and around the duct work to finish. Then install all the new lights in the ceiling and clean up the construction zone.

We have a new local guy building a car for the race next week and I know that not everyone is as tuned as they may like to be. So I will have the track open for practice, testing, tuning, or just hanging out on Thursday 6 pm till 10pm and Friday 6pm till midnight. Feel free to come and work on your stuff and get some laps in or help some of the guys that could use some help.

Racing action starts Saturday the 26th. at 9am.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:45 pm

I am having a hell of a time posting today. Some how deleted the post I had been working on for a half hour so this one is a quickie. I'll add more details latter, but wanted to get the results posted.

Qualifying, 10 laps in each lane...
1 Karl (MidMoSlts)
2 Tom (LocoRacerTom)
3 Bryce
4 TuscoTodd (Driven by Chance)
5 Harry (The Boss)
6 Jeff (FryDaddy)
7 WayToMuchIntoThis (driven by most of us at some point)
8 Jon (RazorJon)

Feature, 35 laps in each lane...
1 Karl
2 Bryce
3 Tom
4 Harry
5 Jeff
6 TuscoTodd
7 WayToMuchIntoThis
8 Jon

Chance gave it a hell of a try driving for TuscoTodd. He got in a jam up along the way and didn't end up with the results he was looking for, but did a nice job. Almost all of us had a hand in driving for WayToMuchIntoThis during the races. At some point during the feature his car was the meat in a slot car sandwich and had the bumpers knocked off. That was the extent of the damage, but it took some time to sort out and get it back on the track.

We had a IROC race with the Whisper Jet cars too, but I didn't think to capture the results. Just from watching I think Tom took the win and Bryce was second. After that I have no clue. I know I wasn't the winner.

More soon.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:29 pm

That's where I belong... right in the thick of battle, or maybe the middle. At least without the bumpers I was lighter! I'm pleased that everybody got to try the big beast. Sounds like a good time.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to Club/Home Connection