[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SEMO TURKEY 2fer Race Report

SEMO TURKEY 2fer Race Report

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

SEMO TURKEY 2fer Race Report

Postby cagee13 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 am

This weekend was the first year to do the 2fer in digital form. Our plan was to run both 1/24 GT and LMPs on the track, but we were pretty bummed on the performance of the LMPs compared to the GTs. So we decided to run 2 one hour heats with the GT cars. I think the pics can tell the story.

First off was a practice session where everyone got the feel of the car they were wanting to run.

Here are some practice laps with the cars at speed.

Of course the practice laps wore us down quickly and it was time for lunch. My strategy was give them some real gut food like Chilli to help loosen everyone up (You know what I'm talking about Jenny :lol: ). We also had the best of coffee around....the free one.

On to the racing. Here is how we lined up.

In the front Row we had Martin in the Black Porsche which half way through we had to swap out for a Falken Porsche when we had a chip begin to act up.
Along side him was Mike in the Flying Lizard Porsche
In row 2 we had Nick in his Panoz with Corvette undercarriage.
And rubbing doors in the second row was Tony in his Penzoil Aston Martin
Last row found Shawn in an Audi R8
and myself in a Ferrari 599XX
And now all together and ready for some action.

The first race was quite exciting with the top 3 running on the same lap for much of the race but missed pit stops for fuel and some tire or mechanical breakdowns occurred putting Shawn several laps back. Tony and I were nose to tail with less than a minute left when a mechanical breakdown struck my car causing me to pit and going back about half a lap which I couldn't recover in the remaining seconds. Here are the standings for the first race.

With an hour run it really took its toll on us so it was time for another break.

The final heat we saw a couple changes in cars. Martin switched to the Falken Porsche for the full event and I switched to my Falken Ford GT. Here we are at the starting grid again.

This race had a nice chance for a crash pic. This is where everyone funnels into one lane off the oval and onto the road course. With this many cars nose to tail and the front car makes a mistake this can happen. What a hoot it was.

This race was a little more spread out. If you ever run out of fuel on the track and miss a lap its just so hard to recover which is what happened with many of us in this run. Here are the standings for the final heat.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and I was really excited the track finally worked as it was supposed to and we had only minor issues. I hope to have another event maybe around February and try to get anyone around who would like to try digital but haven't had the chance to come join us. I'll keep everyone posted when I get a firm date.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SEMO TURKEY 2fer Race Report

Postby RazorJon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 am

looks like a great time Chris, I was thinking about you guys all day but I just did not have the cash to make it,(stupid tool holders) but I will someday
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Scatman1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for the report. Really like the layout and the man cave for slot heads. :banana-rock:
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Nice report, Chris.

Looks like everyone had a good time. It's sort of hard to imagine that after an hour of crash and bang racing that the results were so close!

February, huh?
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby moparmike » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:31 am

If I can get my head wrapped around the pit stop issue I may be able to do better next time.
moparmike

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am

Man I am late, but what a great report. Sorry I missed this one, looks like a blast was had as usual.

And nice food...I am proud of you.

Next time. Just let me kow please :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby cagee13 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 pm

cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Great report, Chris! Nice track and the beginnings of a play room!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby cagee13 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks David.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Chris nice layout buddy. I can see why you need a monitor that big. I am not sure Tony and Nick can see it from where they are. What was the issue with the LMP's? BTW I really like the Panos. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TonyDiamond » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am

TonyDiamond

Return to Club/Home Connection