[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 9/30/17 "No wood" festival of speed

9/30/17 "No wood" festival of speed

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

9/30/17 "No wood" festival of speed

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:03 am

Date is set for the "No wood festival of speed" at Dire Straights raceway!
Gates open at 10:00 am, with practice starting shortly there after.
11:00 am, British GT cars qualifying, Race starts shortly there after.
12:00 am, Lunch. Grill will be going, and will be having burgers and dogs, chips, drinks, Maybe some beans (small race room!)
1:30 pm Practice for vintage Grand prix.
2:00 pm Vintage Grand prix race. cars will be selected by drawing. (all spec cars)
3:00 pm Open track. run whatever you like.
4:00 pm. This is where the fun really starts! Names drawn for the team drivers.
4:15/30 ish, We practice for the 2.4 Hrs of Le Mans!
4:30 Race of the day starts.
Yup, you heard right! We will be running LMP cars, two man team's, 36 minutes each driver rotation.
144 minutes later, Team with most laps wins!
All races will be ran using RSC64 Race program. Full Fuel/weather/ Damage and tire wear will be on.
So if you are anywhere near Middle GA. that Saturday, drop in and grab a controller! This should be Digital racing at its best.
Hope to see ya there! :auto-driving:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 9/30/17 "No wood" festival of speed

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am

That looks like a really fun day Bob! Too bad our places of residence are so far apart.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 am

Yea Mike, I wish you could race with us! I could use some help on this digital stuff! and it should be fun.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am

If you are using RSC64, you are way ahead of me.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:49 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:48 am

Bob,

I am still cyphering out the up and down and left and right arrow buttons to make my PB do what I want.

My pit lane pieces? You already sent the pit lane game/ tower. I wasn't counting on anything else and didn't certainly expect you to send stuff that you were still using. :naughty:

I managed to get a working pit lane cobbled together. I used an offset XLC to make my pit entry and split some standard straight pieces to fill in the single lane gap left by offsetting the XLC. For the pit exit, I hacked a custom wood/plastic hybrid from a standard R2 curve and a piece of 1/4" paneling. It's not pretty but it works :music-rockout:

By the way, did you wind up getting all of the Sport track pieces that you were seeking? I know that you had some replies to your query. I wasn't home at the time. We traveled most of the summer. Our summer trips are over so I was going to get back with you to see if there was anything I might help you out with. Send me a PM with your list of needs and I will see what I have. :think:

Best To Ya,
Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 am

Mike, do you have the 4 car PB or the 6 car? I have a tower for the six car base if that would help.(easier to program) As far as track goes, its done. I found a layout I really liked, and flows good. I actually reversed one of the corner LC's, and ended up being able to establish a race line to some degree. You can set up for pit entry, get the best lane for the hairpin, and good passing zones on the straight LC's. I may add one more straight LC, but im not sure. To busy enjoying what I have so far. We ran some practice for the 2.4 Lemans last night, boy what a hoot! When the rain comes, you better pull in and get the right tires, or your all over the track! I don't know how this program works, but it really does effect the driving of the cars, no matter what the fault is.(fuel/damage/tires/etc. And each causes a different effect on the car. I really looking forward to the 30th, it should be a blast!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Sounds great!
Sadly Europe it´s a little too far.

Have a nice race day and waitind here to pictures and report!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:32 am

Track is ready, and all cars are tuned as good as can be. One last wipe down of the track Saturday Morning, and we will be in full race mode!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby arroldn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Just curious. What are the dimensions of your table? I may want to switch from an oval to a roadcourse at some point.
My table is 6x12. I don't think it is wide enough to double back. I'll have to try one day I guess.

Son's birthday or I'd attempt to be there.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Aaroldn, my table is 16×6. 12x6 would work just fine im sure.
Maybe next time you can come down!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:57 am

Well the "No-wood festival of speed" is in the books. Had few people no show, as work issues came up. We ended up with enough to have a blast though! We ran Brit GT cars, LMP roadsters mostly. The 2.4 Hrs of Lemans went really well. I had a program problem, but we overcame that and got in some great door to door racing. The 2.4 netted some 500 laps on average. Not bad considering the number of pit stops in 144 minutes of hard racing! We kept the Food simple, and just had burgers, dogs and chips, drinks. Planning another race day now, as this was a big success in the fun department! Looks like a once a month race day will be back in place. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I got a few during practice. here are some random shots of the day.
Lights out for some dusk racing with lights.
Getting the new guys used to Digital racing. got in some heavy practice laps for the LMP cars.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby CJR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 am

Really like the layout. Sounds like you all had fun!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection