[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Scale 3Lane Scalex: Updated w/Pix & Track list

1/24 Scale 3Lane Scalex: Updated w/Pix & Track list

Used Car Salesman?
Buyers & Sellers HQ
Forum rules
1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.

1/24 Scale 3Lane Scalex: Updated w/Pix & Track list

Postby 4380r » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 am

I will likely be selling my very large lot of THREE lane, true 1/24 scale (4" lane centers) Scalextric track. Manufactured for only 2 or 3 years late in the 60's, this track was never imported into the U.S. I know of only two others in the US who might have as much of this track as I do.

I hesitate to put a price in this listing at this time, as there are a lot of moving pieces to a potential sale, such as whether or not a buyer would want the drivers' stations (post and XLR, with circuit breakers and PM color coded plexiglass panels), the laptop with race management software, the printer, power supply, etc.

I have probably 120 or more running feet of usable track. There are several dozen each of the standard straights and standard curves. Lots of OEM and 3D printed shoulders for the standard curves and straights. Track sections include the standard straights, standard curves, 6 outer curves (with shoulders), LOTS of OEM fencing, inner shoulders for the stander curves. Specialty pieces like two full banked turns with approach pieces (including two extra approach pieces), fly over bridges.

There are two sections with dead strips. One with the Trackmate interface attached (will go with the deal), the other with the Exoslot wireless interface (also with the deal. One section is wired as a terminal section, two others are wired with power taps. The terminal track connects to the drivers station (with phidgets), and the power tap sections attach to the terminal track with automotive trailer wiring/plugs for a plug and play.

The rails are actual stainless steel. Back in the day, Scalextric advertised that this track could be set up and left outside with no damage due to rain.

I will start inventorying it this week, including information about condition...which ranges from as new to well used but fully serviceable. This track is brittle, so much has cracks (repaired and not) around the connectors. This does not diminish it's functionality or appearance.

This is extremely rare track, especially in the US. It will be expensive to buy, and if not in driving distance in the Mid-Atlantic, very expensive to ship. There is lots of it, and it's heavy.

Probably the best plastic track ever produced. Compares favorably to modern Carrera track.

This is not a fire sale, it's expensive track, AND if you are considering it, you also need some serious space. Each section is 12 inches wide, when you put on the shoulders it goes to 16". The assembled banked turn is over 6 feet wide.

tlbrace2008@yahoo.com if you'd like to talk about it. While the accessories may or may not be part of the final deal, I'm NOT piecing out the actual track, shoulders, fences. It must all go as a lot.

I can send pics of the layout as it was last set up (represents roughly half of the track I have), and of course can take/send pics as requested of any of the elements.

~Todd
Last edited by 4380r on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Scale 3 Lane Scalex UPDATED: FOUND MORE TRACK

Postby 4380r » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 am

Bumping to add info and some pix:

FOUND/ADDED 8 MORE STRAIGHTS AND 11 INNER BORDERS FOR INNER CURVES

13 outer curves. Takes 6 to make a 180 degree curve. They fit outside the inner curves to make 6 lane if you wish, although you'd need a lot more.
48 inner curves.
77 straights total as follows: . Two converted to dead strip/start/finish. 3 wired as either terminal or taps. All have plug connectors.
5 flyover bridge sections. You can create an overpass without them, but these make for nice bridges. Takes four to make a bridge, so there's an extra. There is a 6th that has a hole in the road bed that can be repaired to make useable.
Two FULL banked turns (not pictured, will get pix later). These have their two each approach sections. These are MONSTERS...when assembled the curve is over 6' wide. One set has the support pieces, the other does not and would require fabricating some supports.
11 outer shoulders for the outside curves. Each shoulder adds 2" to the width of a section. With inner and outer shoulders you add 4", making for a total width of 16". I have NO inner shoulders for the outside curves.
52 outer shoulders for the inner curves. 15 are OEM, 37 are 3D printed in black styrene. The printed shoulders do have the slot on the outer edges in which the fencing is inserted.
50 inner shoulders for the inner curves. All OEM.
31 shoulders for straight sections.

Also have misc. OEM shoulders: curved for flyover bridges and 'ends.' Also have a lot of loose stainless rails, and some busted up track pieces that I scavenge for track repairs.

ALL the track listed above is useable and fully functioning. I bought this in several lots, big and small, all from Europe. Some is as new, some is well used, a few have small holes drilled into the road bed (does not hamper use and could be filled if wanted) to it could be screwed down. One lot I bought has numbers painted in white in the corners to facilitate assembly by past owner. I've gone over some of them with black magic marker.

Some is cracked at the connectors. Most of those cracks are literally hairline and you have to look for them. This is common with this track as it's fairly brittle and does not take to a lot of assembly/disassembly. But this is an extremely easy fix IF one feels the need to fix at all.

This track, when assembled, has fantastic connectivity. NO problems with that. Very deep slots, run any vintage or modern guides.

Remember, this is TRUE 1/24 scale, with 4" lane centers.

I have a number in mind, but if interested best to reach out to me so we can look at all the variables. Not the least of which is shipping, as that would be a small fortune just for that. At least 3 to 4 very heavy boxes. I'm willing to drive 2 hours in any direction from Annapolis, MD to meet/deliver at no cost above the sale price.

tlbrace2008@yahoo.com
Last edited by 4380r on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Scale THREE Lane Scalextric

Postby 4380r » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 am

A few more pics:
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 am

Todd,

Very nice looking track! Did you 3d print the borders yourself? I was looking for someone to make a few custom borders for one of my tracks and haven't been able to find anyone to do it yet.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4380r » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 am

4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Pics of banked turns

Postby 4380r » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 am

Two pics of the assembled banked turns. In the first one, the turn at the top/back does not have supports, it's leaning against the cabinet. It has its two approach sections in place.

The bottom/foreground banked turn in the bottom photo has the six OEM supports in place. It's approach sections, as well as two others, are laying in front of it.

The top picture has both turns unsupported, the OEM green support pieces, along with the approach sections, laying in front of the turn in the foreground.

The assembled banked turn is about 74" wide.

If you're tallying up the track pieces to figure running feet total, the straights are only 10.75 inches long. I'd guess if you could build a layout with all pieces used (which I'm not sure is possible with the odd outer curve) you'd easily go over 130 feet.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to FOR SALE!