WTB boneyard 70's era sportscar bodies to cut up.

Used Car Salesman?
Buyers & Sellers HQ
Forum rules
1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.

WTB boneyard 70's era sportscar bodies to cut up.

Postby downtowndeco » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

I know, it sounds weird, right? But I'm detailing the garages on my 1970's Le Mans layout (1/32) & I thought it would be cool to have some spare body parts in some of the garages. Front or rear clips, bumpers etc. I could especially use a Porsche 917k & a Ferrari 512s body or two. Must be pure boneyard bodies so that when I cut them up I won't feel guilty + I don't want to spend an arm & a leg. Other similar 70's era sports car bodies could probably be used because I have 8 garages to fill. Will probably just razor saw them apart at the appropriate places & then spray them primer gray.

Anyone got anything that's been sitting in a box under your layout that you'd want to get rid of? PM me.

Thanks.
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: WTB boneyard 70's era sportscar bodies to cut up.

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 am

I should have some. I know I have a MPC 917 model kit not built. And I think I may have a GT40 that is defunct as well. I will look today and get back to you.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby downtowndeco » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am

Model kits are even better because of all of the other parts I could scavenge to fill the garage with. See what you have & let me know. Thanks!
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Cutting up a Ferrari is an offence that will be punished with lightning bolts from the heavens.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:27 am

That's why I said "boneyard". I'm talking broken bodies w/cracked windshields & missing mirrors & spoilers that have been lying under teh layout in a box teh past 15 years. Stuff you know you'll never use or could fix but feel bad getting rid of. : )
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 am

Still looking Deco, I have the complete MPC Gulf 917 kit and all its pieces and decals, but I am having a hard time locating much 70's era Lemans body parts. (at least ones that can be cut up). Don't give up on me yet! I know I have some in all these boxes!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to FOR SALE!