[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Legion Region Sale 12/20/17 LOWER PRICES

Legion Region Sale 12/20/17 LOWER PRICES

Used Car Salesman?
Buyers & Sellers HQ
Forum rules
1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.

Re: Legion Region Sale 12/20/17 LOWER PRICES

Postby docdoom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 am

nothing a little duck tape and bailing wire can't fix. on a high note did you get to keep the road kill.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Legionof1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Folks, thanks for your patience. No, I didn't take the deer. Thing couldn't walk, but was still alive and looking around. I let the Sherriff take care of it. I got out of there before that went down. However, after insurance did a financial total on the car I did wish I called my Uncle to come get it. Then I could have had some Bambi steaks for the trouble. I'm salvaging the Xb. The insurance gave me $400 less than they offered for keeping it. It's been the best and most reliable car I've ever owned. It doesn't belong in the junk yard, bcuz it will be good for another 50K after it's fixed. I'll hopefully have it back by end of next week. Then I have to get the meeting with the Trooper to get the thumbs up to drive it again.

I've currently driving my Dad's old in case *%$# happens tank of an Oldmobile to get around. So, those that have paid...items will go out by the end of this week. Again, I appreciate your patience over the past few weeks.

Eric
Legionof1

Postby 32lbking » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Same thing happened to me 16 years ago. Had a '96 Astro, hit the deer on my way home from work just as the sun was coming up. Called the sheriff , they said it would be over an hour before they could get there. Van was still drivable, so I drove a couple miles to a friends house. We went back and he shot the deer. When the sheriff got there he said we shouldn't have shot the deer :think:, but he didn't give us too much grief and my buddy was able to salvage some of the meat.
Van still drove great. Called the insurance guy, and he said he saw $3200 in damage on the outside, but he couldn't open the hood and said the damage under the hood was probably about the same. 6 year old van with 167k on it. They totaled it and gave me $6700 :o They had Enterprise bring a new rental car for us to drive for 30 days while we looked for another vehicle.
I found a really nice '97 Astro with 75k on it and bought it for $7000.
So after adding $300 to the insurance money, I ended up with a year newer vehicle with 100,000 less miles!
Oh yeah, I bought my wrecked van back from them for $800, and put $500 into it in new parts.
Other than the hood being bent a little by the hinges there was no other exterior sheetmetal damage, [just plastic parts, grille,headlight, turn signal etc.].
I did have to straighten the rad support to get the hood open and replace the radiator, AC condenser and fan. Was able to metal finish the hood and that was all that had to be painted.
We put another 30k on the '96 and then gave it to my daughter, who put another 40k on it.
Best experience we ever had with an insurance claim. :clap:
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Damn, king, that has to be a record!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 32lbking » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:23 pm

32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!