[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Why I Like My Slot.It Pinion Gear Press / Puller

Why I Like My Slot.It Pinion Gear Press / Puller

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Why I Like My Slot.It Pinion Gear Press / Puller

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: Why I Like My Slot.It Pinion Gear Press / Puller

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:52 pm

It just looks like a piece of kit you can't resist handling.

Glad to see it works as well as it looks.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I am so glad I bought mine. So much easier than using the Ninco one.

It's funny that such a complex looking bit of kit makes the task more simple and straightforward, but it does.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Outstanding work, I am going to double your salary.

Here is that additional info on the SP20 Pro Kit.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Not that the looks of the gear puller aren't neat and stuff, but I'm just a simple man, I just solder my pinions on. Now this is just my preferred method your mileage may vary. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Great review Marty! Good info on this tool.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 pm

HOLY CATS!!! I thought it looked like a good idea and wondered why I didn't get one when they came out, so I looked it up. That simple little tool sells for an outrageous $60, then the rest of the things to go with it add up to another $60. They can sell it to Ninco, who shares the fantasy that we will buy anything. The Ninco tool is loose threaded garbage and also overpriced.

I really like Slot.it cars and parts, in spite of the insanity of the needlessly tiny grub screws, but this is very disappointing. It still wouldn't be worth the price if there weren't lots of equally handy tools for the same purpose out there, but good grief! I ran into this once before with Slotting Plus grip screwdrivers. Great tool, well made, all the right qualities, and double priced... They don't even sell them anymore after only a short time. If they had presented the tool at half of what they asked, I think they would own the market, that tool was so good.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Not giving them away. BUT have you priced our "simple" little Hudy lately? $24.95 plus shipping. At least this one doubles as a press with more precision on install with pinion size options.

Not saying the sticker prices is not a hard one to swallow, but by comparison to our beloved "old school" Hudy, not really too bad.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Good grief. I think mine cost $7.00. No telling how long ago that was. The Pony Express probably delivered it.

Time for our own machinists to step up! C'mon, this is no step for a stepper!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby miveson » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 pm

If I was going to buy one tool or describe the best tool in my toolbox then it would have to be this tool from Slot.It.

100% problem free extraction and deployment of pinion - period....

You should have a look at the mini-pinion which I also find extremely valuable and a huge time saver.
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cobra Freak » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

I bought one of these. It just came yesterday. looking forward to playing with it!
Cobra Freak

Postby Cobra Freak » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 am

Got a chance to play with it last night. Smooth. Easy to use. High quality. Well worth the bucks. This review helped a bunch!
Cobra Freak

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:54 pm

You can buy the upgrades as Harry has shown, and they work great on the original slot it gear puller,
BUT even though you can buy the multi faced barrel separately, it dosent fit the old pullers.
The groove is a smaller one on the new barrel, ,, or you could say the rib on the old puller is thicker.
And yes I agree the mini puller is great for getting a pinion off while the motor is still in the chassis.
I just love new tools,,,,
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Whoever priced this for slot it....needs a checkup from the neck up
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:07 pm

goosenapper