[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - pit boxs, lots of pics.

pit boxs, lots of pics.

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

pit boxs, lots of pics.

Postby DHansen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm

I see Harry got a new wood pit box recently and some one else is debating on rather or not to use a metal tool box dew to preceived problems with traction magnets. So I thought it may be a good idea to post some pics of what everyone uses for a pit box just to see what's out there and maybe give someone that may be thinking of getting or makeing one some ideas on what can be had, used, or built to fit the bill. For starters I have two of them. One that is made of wood I use mainly for 1/24 scale cars at a commercial track. And another that is a metal tool box that I use for 1/32 scale cars when I go to my club races. Both boxs have some short nap carpet in the bottom of the drawers to keep the tires from flat spoting. I find this works better then the rubber drawer liners used in tool boxes because the carpet forms to the tires to keep them from flat spotting, the car is mainly supported by the chassis, plus it keeps any magnets just far enough away from the metal bottom to prevent them from sucking down to the metal bottom, and it keeps them from sliding around, plus it absorbs any oil from the cars keeping things clean and neat. You will see that the metal box grew some appendages thanks to velcro to hold some tools on the right side and 2 old oil bottles on the left to hold my PM contoler and the other is for motor oil, braid juice, traction glue for foam tires, ect. There are all so some comprtments on the top to hold small parts like extra braids, guides, tires, exc.
Ok, time for some pics.

And now the wood box.

Ok, I know there are alot of pics, but maybe it will give some others some ideas on what can be used.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: pit boxs, lots of pics.

Postby DHansen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm

So let's see what else is being used. Post some pics.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Dave,

I'll post some photos probably tomorrow. Not around the slot gear right now.

Now for a question . . . . where did you get the 'appendage' that you attached to the top of the metal box! I need to get one of those. Makes the metal box into a 'stackable box.

I think I also have an idea on a way to keep from flatspotting the tires. It just came to me.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm

This is $20 at Harbor Freight, but mine was a freebie door prize the second time I went in the store. It holds nine 1/24+six 1/32 cars with ease, and I have had as many as 25 cars in it with room to spare. Tools fit nicely in the troughs in the tray.

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DHansen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:32 pm

DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DHansen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 pm

This link should take you to a pic of what it looked like before I added to it, and a pt# PCH2025.
http://www.bing.com/images/search/?q=wa ... tedIndex=3
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:42 pm

My first box that I had given to me years ago.

From the "DoitBest" stores.

And it is ALL PLASTIC by the way :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DHansen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:04 am

Great responce everyone. The pads that Florida Slotter came up with to prevent flat spotting the tires is a great idea. This is what I use the short nap carpet for in the bottom of my drawers. The carpet is soft enough to form its self to the bottom of the car and after a while there is an indentation where the car sets preventing the car from sliding around while in transport and preventing flat spotting the tires.

Jenny's makeup case looks like a good idea that most of us males would have never thought of. Thanks.

Thanks for the great responce and good ideas everyone.

Keep posting, I'm sure there are more great ideas out there.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:18 am

Deep drag car pit boxes...a work in progress...to sell at the local track...
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DHansen » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:10 pm

That's a neat pit box Woodman. Holds 12 cars, tools, parts, and compact. I like the way you did the careering handle and trays on top.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby RichD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:21 am

I use my old 1/24th box.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:33 am

Pit boxes are never to big :lol:

My box at SCC, need a car for all the classes.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime