[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Personal Car Database

Personal Car Database

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Personal Car Database

Postby Loan Shark » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hi All.

I'm fairly new to slot cars and was thinking it would be nice to have a database to keep track of cars, mods, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for free apps or templates to use without having to start from scratch with an Excel database?

The one on Slot Car Corner is no longer available as the link no longer goes to the database app.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Loan Shark on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loan Shark

Re: Personal Car Database

Postby proxieken » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:43 am

I run Carrera digital using the Yingling software and do my track designs using Ultimate Racer.

Both of these programs are free or were free when I got them. Both also have means to keep track of many of the things you mentioned.

With the Yingling software you have a driver and a car database. Setting up a race is as simple as click and drag a driver and then a car. The software keeps track of best lap times for each.

You can even record custom settings and group your cars by category.

I never used Ultimate racer to manage my race but it looks like it has quite a set of tools to do this.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Loan Shark » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:01 am

I should have mentioned this has nothing to do with running the cars on track. Just a PC based database that could be accessible on an Android tablet or phone.
Loan Shark

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Ummmm. If I have a database, my wife might know how many cars I really have.....

Seriously, Excel is easy.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm

I prefer Word tables for non-math spreradsheets, but either would do.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:32 pm

What type of track are you running on? Scalextric Air Systems allow you to build a car database on you phone or tablet. It also would be your race manager and can be used with Analog/Arc Air or Digital/Arc Air Pro.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Loan Shark » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 pm

I'm running on wood tracks exclusively.

BTW is your avatar a 300 R/T? I drive a Magnum R/T.
Loan Shark

Postby arroldn » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:41 pm

It is a SRT8 6.1L/370 CI 425 HP.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Why reinvent the wheel. Try SLOT CARS 2000
I have used it for years and it really helps to know what you have for insurance purposes.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Loan Shark » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Loan Shark

Postby slothead » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:27 am

Chappyman66 - your comment reminds me of a guy I worked with years ago. Every payday he'd get his pay envelope, take his check out and then shred his stub. When asked why he did that he said "because my wife will never know how much money I make". That also made any form of direct deposit totally out of the question.

I haven't been successful keeping my slot car habit to myself because my wife sees the packages on the porch before I do.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby arroldn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:38 am

My wife just ask me this morning. Do you need all those boxes downstairs. I told her I would take care of them. To which she replied if you don't I will.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Loan Shark » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Loan Shark

Postby RichD » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:18 am

Years ago someone posted a program for keeping track of your cars, I still have it saved as a zip file I believe. Since I have Excel I could create a custom database easily enough, entering the data for all of my cars would be a real chore. For people that do not have Excel there are clone versions of it that can be downloaded for free. The great thing about spreadsheets is that they can be sorted many different ways.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Loan Shark » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Loan Shark

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime