[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Motor RPM Checker Phone App

Motor RPM Checker Phone App

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Motor RPM Checker Phone App

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Motor RPM Checker Phone App

Postby arroldn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:33 pm

DM,
Downloaded the app tonight. Must say it works pretty good.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:21 am

We were fiddling with a car this afternoon and it seemed a bit sluggish - I asked my friend if he was sure he had a Scaley motor in it because it drove like it had a BWA. I showed him the app and we checked the car - 12.5k - yep BWA motor

:)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks DM I also grabbed the app and it does work pretty good. The example you gave above is why I have some lose unmarked motors that can be quickly ID now. This is a great little tool to have
Thanks Dave
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am

I downloaded it myself and it seems to be pretty neat...tested some known motors etc...Piranha, Jaws, M/T that had “ known” rpms and it was really close to what the motor is rated at!! My Piranha motors did rate out a little higher than 21.5k but that’s fine with me!! Still want to build the “Wise” tachometer stand since I have had one and need to use it!! Thanks DM for the heads up!!!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Got the same results as everyone else. Works well and within 500 rpm of my digital tach.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 pm

Well was trying to pick a motor for the Carrera Challenge stock division. This app evidently does not like the song the Carrera 200E motor sings. Both motors registered around 9,500 RPM. Not sure why only these motors are not tacking correctly. Well I haven't tested but maybe 5 other motors. A Piranha, Slot.it 21.5 and a H&R Hawk. Go figure!!!!!!
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 am

32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:06 am

I tested 3 Carrera motors in cars and got readings of around 18.5k I then tested one Carrera motor I had not in a car - and it was humming - 75k apparently - now I know why I took it out of the car LOL
I also tested a 16k motor and it came out at 16.5k

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 am

This worked really well for me as well. I checked motors with a tach and this app. VERY close in rpm's.

So how does this app work ?? By volume?? Is there a sound on the motor that I can't here that is used as a starting point ?

TY !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:57 am

I believe it works on frequency. I tested a tiny .25" diameter mini micro coreless drone motor rated at 45,000rpm that I could barely hear and it was very close in rpms. Using a phone microphone in a cardboard box helps isolate the motor sound.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm

I'm having no luck with this. Thunderslot 21K at 12V roughly 9K on the app. Same with and NSR King Evo...
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:45 pm

I wonder why this is happening for some? I tested 8 motors when I did the Piranha motor. All of them were almost dead on with the laser system.

Hmmm, curious :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

My app quit working . Anyone else have this issue? Was really good on initial download. Now 90% of the time evey motor reads in excess of 40k with a glitch and glimpse of what the real RPM is

Was testing a Slot it 130 with and orange end bell, and the App pegged it at over 50k then for a few brief moments it read 23500, which I am guessing is the right number. What once was really good is now very flakey. Wierd. Maybe need to download it again.
Last edited by BARC 1 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Dan
You are not alone. Mine started doing the same last week. Some motors would read 40K and then drop down. Some wouldn't drop down. Some would bounce between 14k-22K. It may be that a re-install would cure the issues.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime