[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Is this the new “Future”??

Is this the new “Future”??

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Is this the new “Future”??

Postby Broman62 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Is this the new “Future”??

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:53 pm

All you can do is try it on a test piece and see what happens
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby Junior » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby Czar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:04 am

I am sure the maker (Proctor and Gamble?) have a phone number printed on the label. Call the number and talk to people who can give you the real information. They have product books that can explain anything about their products. Since Future was discontinued you can ask them the difference between the two products and why the new product is better than the old. (It might just be marketing)
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 am

I've found that the "Brand" doesn't matter much. I've used a "Fuller" brand polish that probably sat in my mother in laws closet for 40 years and it worked great.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:22 pm

The S C Johnson no longer lists Pledge Multi Surface, Pledge Revive It may actually be the same thing. If I was still working I could get some analyzed. The site no longer lists a product for vinyl floors, that is what Future was used for. I still have a nearly full bottle of Future, so I am good to go. When I check the Internet I still see the older product listed, so it is still available even if stores don't have it. There have also been a lot of knockoff versions of Future that may work as well.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:54 pm

On this subject....what is the best way to apply a polish like this? Do you dip it, brush it? Advice for a newbie please.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bill from nh » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 pm

One CA model car kit builders on the net was raving about LA's Mop & Shine being a cheaper alternative to Future. Available at Dollar Tree, I got a bottle to try, but haven't used it yet.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I use Future quite often and usually brush it on with a soft, flat bristle brush. I have read of people dunking bodies in a container full of it and letting it drip/dry.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks guys for the input...may eventually have to go with something else!! Will check out that LA Mop & Glow...thanks!!

I’ve always dipped mine but you really have to watch it for awhile cause as the drips build up on corners or edges or wherever and you don’t dab them off with Q-tips (that’s what I use) they will dry there and then you have a big glob of wax hanging there and it becomes hard and looks like crap and doesn’t come off easy...JMHO!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to SlotCar ToolTime