[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - UV glue tool??

UV glue tool??

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

UV glue tool??

Postby Broman62 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Got a question...is this the UV glue tool that you guys are using??? I remember someone mentioning these before but I can’t remember who it was!!

image.jpg
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: UV glue tool??

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 pm

I bought two kinds, and that's one of them. They work just about alike. I got the other one because it had what looked like an easier to use lamp.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:59 pm

I bought one of that (Lazerbond) a while back to fix some sunglasses that broke right across the nosepiece. Unfortunately for me it only had the holding power of some boogers. Glad to hear it works for some of you. Maybe I'll try again on a different type of fix. It's a great concept.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:47 pm

That is it. MIne work great.

My favorite use is for interior glass. Holds great and no worries on fogging the "glass".
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: UV glue tool

Postby Broman62 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Well...I’m sold...used this for some screen work on my Showdown cars and it worked perfect and is so quick and easy to use...a very little squeeze of adhesive, turn pen around and flip UV light on it for 5 seconds and wahla!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Was wondering...has anyone bought the replacement glue tubes for these and if so did they work as good as the originals... thanks in advance!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm

I have been buying by the double or more pack on the bay. Not refills, just the whole pen.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby frank9129 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:39 pm

I found that the pens did not work on all types of plastic. I'll use it on static models, not something the kids bang up.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Not had any issue with using them to secure glass or clear plastic/home made glass. Which is what I primarily use it for.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:12 pm

I wiped styrene with lacquer thinner (just a quick wipe or it will dissolve), and tried the UV glue, and it stuck pretty hard. Much harder than hot glue. Its odd stuff. I am still experimenting with it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RBPhillips » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm

If you're using it to glue aluminum tubing to brass tubing, prepare to be disappointed. But if you go in with expectations it'll be a finer, more controllable version of hot glue, you'll be pleased. Don't use it for high-load, flexed connections.
RBPhillips

Postby neonglass » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:13 am

Most of the UV cured compounds are actually not a glue but a UV cured plastic. That's why they don't adhere to smooth surfaces well. They are great for building up an area or redoing screw holes for better grip. Try roughing up the surface before applying in order to give it something to grab onto. If you find yourself using it a lot get yourself a UV penlight for curing. More UV for longer periods is always better for curing.
neonglass

Postby bdsharp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:50 am

bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:11 pm

I too bought a secondary blue light torch with 9 bulbs. It sets the plastic quicker.

Don't expect UV glue to actually fix things together, it's just a crystal clear plastic filler that has tons of uses for that.

If you want clear glue then Gorilla clear works well but obviously takes a lot longer than 5 seconds to set.
Kevan

Return to SlotCar ToolTime