[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cool paint booth!

Cool paint booth!

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Cool paint booth!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 am

I have been eyeing these for a while now. I saw one mounted directly to a slot room wall, and it folds up almost to 6" deep. The reviews are good on it. and filters are available as well. probably could cut your own from universal house filters. thought I would share it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182372524150?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Cool paint booth!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 am

That does look rather interesting.

But would this increase your current production rate? If so, I forbid you to get it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:56 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 am

Go for it. If anyone would put a paint booth to good use, it's you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:16 am

That is pretty slick!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burrell » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 am

I looked at some of the other vendors that were selling this on eBay, and one said that you can combine 2 of these into one with double the width. We wouldn't need that for slot cars, but I've been thinking of making one that's larger so my son can also use it to paint his nerf guns. So, what I'm saying is that it looks like this is modular and expandable.

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 am

I saw that as well. I didn't need that much space, but I could see where it could be useful. I really liked the wall mount I saw on these, that is how I would put mine to use.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 am

First thing i saw was a great pic and and the slim exhaust fitting that would fit my basement window . The next thing i saw was DOESN'T SHIP TO CANADA.
Oh well i will stick with my homemade one. But that is a nice kit Bob.
The other Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bigman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Guys
Check out the auto paint stores, try getting a filter from them
There super sticky and a whole lot better then a household furnace filters

bigman
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm

I like those and thought about getting one, nice compact fold up, effective overspray control. I was just too tight to buy something I could make, so I made a trip to Walmart and spent $20. About 30 minutes of work and I had this. It works great. I do use 3 filters, .as it exhausts into the room

P1010003.JPGP1010004.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:18 am

That looks like a great paint booth! I just have to know though..where are you buying red paint that shoots decals and color all at once???? :lol:
Seriuosly, good job on that!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby mattb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 am

Bob, I ordered that paint from my 1967 Auto World catalog. They have all that old stuff!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 am

I went to the section at Walmart where they have small fans back by the spray paint. The fan was $11, it is a 3 speed. I got the plastic storage box where they have the aisle with all of them. Came home and measured the diameter of the fan and cut a circle the same size on the back of the box. Cut it out with curved tin snips. Found a couple areas on the fan outer edge where I could run a screw with no damage to anything. I held the fan inside the box and ran a couple self tapping screws thru the back of the box into the edge of the fan to hold it. I put the fan on speed #3 since the control is no hidden inside the box. It now turns on and off by plugging it in.

I did screw some wood to the inside of the box to place the filter against, but duct tape could hold it just as good. I cut the top in half to cover the fan area and leave the painting side open.

Bear in mind that duct tape could do everything the screws did, a glue gun could do the same thing. It isn't heavy and nothing here requires serious holding power. The most important thing is to seal the filter to the side of the box 100%. You can just place another filter in front of the solid mounted filter for your first filter level. This is the filter you will replace every now and then.

I'm not good at written directions, but I can draw some pictures if you need some more detail.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime