Future and Bleche-Wite tid bit?

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Future and Bleche-Wite tid bit?

Postby Broman62 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

While preparing my Sportsman Showdown and Trans-Am series cars I needed to revitalize my "Future" and "Wesley's Bleche-Wite" liquids cause I hadn't used what I had in along time so I went searching for both of them and came up empty handed...that is...because the packaging containers or brand names have changed!! This may be old news and/or I'm not claiming to be an expert on this but what I found out hopefully will help others when they go look for it!!

First, I went looking for Wesley's Bleche-Wite (used to clean up resin cars that may have residues left on them after casting) and could not find it anywhere!! Talked to a local auto parts dealer and he said Wesleys name was sold to/under the name "Black Magic". So I bought it and it seems to be the same stuff!

Here is a pic of the bottle:

Next I went looking for Pledge"Future" (what guys use to coat their cars with to give it a hard shiny shell) and could not find it(well the old bottle style that is)!! Went to RMS's site and searched around (thanks Dave R.) and came up with this search that is really cool, tells you all about the uses for "Future" in the hobby world!!

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

If you look in the top right hand corner it will show you the progression of the bottle change over the years up to 2015. And if you read into it, it tells how the word "Future" has been dropped from the newest bottle!!

Here is a pic of the last bottle I bought(on right) and newest bottle(on left-no Future on front):

Again, this may be old news to some and if you see something that's not right or you disagree with please post it!! Hopefully this will help newer and even older members here!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Future and Bleche-Wite tid bit?

Postby Broman62 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Sorry... old bottle is on left and newest bottle is on right...DOH!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 am

The subject of Future/Pledge Floor Care come up from time to time. Some people have complained thet the newer version is not as good, but I have not confirmed that. The stuff that I use is the original Future. There used to be many products of this sort, but I guess that no-wax floors have gone out of fashion. If you go looking for Pledge Floor Care it is likely to be on a bottom shelf where it is nearly out of sight.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:40 am

Just to add confusion here. :lol: I found that the dollar store acrylic floor wax is every bit as good as the old future, and costs considerably less. No yellowing on any of my cars yet after two years.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to SlotCar ToolTime