A couple of handy new tools

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

A couple of handy new tools

Postby btaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Thought I would share these. The blue tool in the pic is a de-soldering tool! It is spring loaded, and creates a vacuum when the button is pushed. It works great when you get that excess glob of solder you don't want on that chassis! Its aluminum, so the solder does not stick. The other is obviously an LED equipped tweezers. both great additions to the work workbench. similar tool here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Action-P ... SwKOJYIupIImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: A couple of handy new tools

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 pm

That desoldering tool sure is a lot fancier than the plastic one I use. It looks like it is the same spring-loaded mechanism as mine (20 years old). I wonder at the large opening for the sucker tip. Mine comes down to a narrow little tip that fits in tiny spots. More than once, I have been glad of that. Does that nice one (mine is getting a bit nasty), different shapes of tips to swap out?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: A couple of handy new tools

Postby buspor63 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 am

Great looking de-soldering pen, although I can't say I've seen one before. I could use it to remove solder from the digital boards in the unfortunate event that a wire breaks. Without overheating, I've always had a hard time getting the remaining wire and solder off of the board.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to SlotCar ToolTime