[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New From Tire Razor

New From Tire Razor

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

New From Tire Razor

Postby RazorJon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I give you the Razor Pro, the best truer for the serious racer.

First off lets just make this clear, the Pro will ONLY TRUE ALLUMINUM SET SCREW WHEELS
You can NOT TRUE AXLE SET'S ON THE PRO

The Pro comes ready to true 1\24 or 1\32 The wheels are held by a Nitride harden ejector pin, the ejector pin spins in sealed flanged roller bearings held in the axle block

The sanding block comes with 2 grits 400-1500

I have one ready to sell and 4 more waiting on pins

This is a limited time only, first come first served, you can only get the Pro from me here on HRW

Price is $185.00 Shipped to all 50 States

Price is a little more than your standard Razor but only for the added Ejector pin and Sealed Flange Roller Bearings

THIS TRUER IS ONLY FOR SET SCREW WHEELS
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Re: New From Tire Razor

Postby scatman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Man, I just bought my second razor a week ago from SCC.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Jon....any attachment for my current Razor ?
Pickles :auto-checkeredflag:
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby RazorJon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby oldtymer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:22 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby Audi1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:07 am

Are the sanding blocks meant to be in that orientation (full flat side up)? I thought that the full flat side was meant to be in the down orientation and that the sanding pieces were meant to be on the two raised sections (?)

Truing one side at a time, how can you be sure that both tires have the same diameter when you're done? Do you have to mic them? If so, I've found that micing tires can lead to tired of slightly different diameter. So, how does this work?

Anyway, the new Pro looks very nice!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Hundo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:59 am

Looks nice!

I do two tires at once but I mic them. To fine tune, I'll finish one by one if need be.I use NSR tires and to get them tru sometimes one won't be exactly as the other
Hundo

Postby McLiams » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:27 am

What is the distance from the bearing to the taper of the ejector pin. Recognizing that these are nitride hardened; but wondering about deflection of the shaft, especially at the start of truing process when tire/wheel balance could be worst case.

Great idea...liking the dial indicator option.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Should chime in seeing as I have been testing this rig for about a year.

I use a caliper and my tires are about as even as it gets. Even without calipers you can place one wheel against the other and easily see if they match.

If not, I use a simple machinest ruler against the bottom block. About as accurate as it gets IMHO.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby McLiams » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:43 am

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 am

That is a great new version sir!!!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby woodman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:16 am

So the tapered pin goes from 3/32 to 1/8 ? I want to be able to true 1 1/16 dia. Pro Tracks,
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:34 pm

I've got one like this.............Harry can tell you the difference it made for my junk....... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I put a felt tip mark on the adjusting knob & match each tire to that.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime