[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GearPro Activ Video Camera

GearPro Activ Video Camera

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

GearPro Activ Video Camera

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:55 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: GearPro Activ Video Camera

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Nice! Now you make my video's look even worse!! :angry-tappingfoot: :lol:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks. I doubt that sir, I am a rookie with video. Just Movie Maker editing, nothing fancy.

No Slo-Mo sadly. I can slow things in Movie maker, but not the same :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 pm

I think we need a 1/24 car with this looking through the windshield. True on board and some protection for the camera.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:51 pm

That thing looks good to me.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:06 pm

I have been looking for one with a wireless connection to the laptop on the track, or even a cable, I don't care. That is clarity enough for me, that you just posted.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:37 pm

It is only wireless to a Phone/Tablet for operation. I know a highly advanced man of the world like yourself has the all the latest tech stuff like those.

For the PC, you plug it in and can then download the files. The camera shows up a standard removable drive once the USB is plugged in.

The date/time stamp at the upper left cannot be removed. Not a big deal I suppose, just annoying for those that do not want it. The time and date will not update until you connect it to your phone/tablet. It updated itself when I first connected it.

But before this camera, for laughs, go into the TOY section at Wal-Mart over near the bikes and skateboards. They have neat little "action cams" for kids that look even more advanced than this one for about the same price.

One more item I should have mentioned, is that you will spend a little on the SD card. You need a class 10 high speed card. Of course ANY action cam you get will require a high speed card to record in full HD. Just don't forget that. Using a cheaper, slower card will not give you the quality you might be seeking.

Plan to use this camera a lot on the future. It's a tough little outfit, even out of the case.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:00 pm

Harry, that's excellent. but your gears sound terrible!
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:10 pm

You know that Harry's cars never sound like that. He had it stuck on one of my cars. It had lost the hood and grill in an on track incident so he wedged the little camera between the fenders and went for a ride.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:09 am

The specifications of that camera look on par with a GoPro Hero 2, which is what I use. Also, the class 10 HD card is about $40-$50 at a retail store, but I bought mine off the Bay for $11 shipped.

I think videos are a great way to show others the fun and excitement slot cars are. They also help pass the time between track days :banana-dance:
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:15 pm

wait- you're a machinist with noisy gears? what's up with That?
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to SlotCar ToolTime