Modified Mini Orbital Sander

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Modified Mini Orbital Sander

Postby ccobra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:31 pm

I needed a sander to finish my printed bodies with and the Dremel was just to aggressive. I was thinking of making an orbital attachment for the Dremel but low and behold Harbor Freight had something that was kinda sorta as to what I neededImage
So after looking for some sanding disks that were more flexible and within the 2 inch diameter range I found just what I needed up on the shelf next to my tool box. I had a box of Merit disks so I just added some 1/4-20 threads to the shank, removed the sanding disk from the Harbor Freight Orbital sander and added the Merit disk.Image
Now I can make sanding dust like there's no tomorrow. But there was another problem, My air compressor was to far away from my work area and I needed to turn the air pressure way down so the sanding disk wouldn't be to aggressive. Then another brain storm struck so I just used the Air brush compressor and all problems were solved and I didn't even need an air regulator.
Hopes this helps others that were in the same predicament as I was in. And now back to my regular weird projects.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Modified Mini Orbital Sander

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:55 pm

See? Slot racers are the smartest folks :)

Well done!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to SlotCar ToolTime