[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New vacuum powered Dremel..bring on the resin dust

New vacuum powered Dremel..bring on the resin dust

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

New vacuum powered Dremel..bring on the resin dust

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Saw this the other day on a new end cap at Lowe's.

Did not buy it, but interesting. Not sure on well it would work...certainly would not be a silent method running your Shop Vac, but in my case the sound would not be an issue.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New vacuum powered Dremel..bring on the resin dust

Postby chappy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Interesting concept Harry.
Looks to be powered by the vacuum via impellers, so no motor to foul.
But as you say it may be a tad noisey
Nothing wrong with your eyes catching that one.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Gameover » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Im doing an online survey thing for dremel now. Its pretty cool. Today was my last day. Once everyone is finished they send a prepaid visa card out :). Slot money!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Remember, as much as I tend to depend on them, Dremel has made some real turkeys. I have a drawer in the shop that has tools I may need to cannibalize someday, and there are three Dremels in there, going back 40 years.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Oh, they make a mistake here and there...but I have had nothing but exceptional service from them.

Few years back they had the AA battery jobs marketed for "pumpkin carving". Needless to say, those early battery ones did not work very well. The switch wore out on the 3rd use.

Emailed them and they sent a whole new unit, with no need to return the old and a letter of apology.

Maybe Dave will give us his field report and find out if it works or really sucks. Wait...if it does suck then it really works...hmmmmm
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby RichD » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 am

Resin bodies are sometimes too thick and really need to be hogged out. I have a holder for the nozzle of my vacuum cleaner, but the vacuum powered Dremel looks like it is worth a try. I used my first Dremel for nearly 40 years, I went through several sets of motor brushes before the bearings finally wore out. I replaced the first Dremal with a new variable speed corded model and later bought a small battery powered unit that was a dog. The battery was only good for about 15 minutes of running time and would not hold a charge even when it was new. I had to charge the battery the same day that I used it. Finally the battery would no longer take a charge and no replacements were to be found. I bought a bigger rechargable Dremel with a lithium ion battery and I have been happy with that.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 am

I checked the Canadian sites yesterday and it seems that sucker hasn't arrived here yet.
I will try one out though as it seems like a good idea.
Anyone remember the Hair Bee, cutters attached to, your vacuum and you ran the cutter assembly over your hair , same principle, all the cut hair went straight to, the vacuum.
My dog didnt like it either.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby paul gage » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:34 am

paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby paul gage » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 am

ROFLMAO.... Harry, next time you're in Walmart picking up your HANs (Hansens Hard As Nails) take a serious look around the entire cosmetics department. Fingernail extension kits make the ultimate products for sculpting fender flares. Fast curing fiberglass resins, ultra-fine f/g fabrics, ultra violet curing kits for acrylic resins. The ultimate in sprew cutters (Toe nail clippers!). Garnet nail files (80 to 5000 grits) that will retire your loose sheets of sandpaper. I've seen my ex sculp a 6" spiral fingernail extension using only liquid acrylic resins and no fiberglass backing for support. There is a light curing self levelling ultra fine top coat that will smooth out the worst of 3D prints, zero sanding would be needed to go straight to making a mold for resin bodies.

Plus those wrinkled old fingers will start looking like Ember's!
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 am

Well soaking in Palmolive isn't helping :) Thanks, I will look into it.

I do have the nail files though and you are right, they work great.

Normally I avoid that area of the store as man-etiquette requires. But you have given the green light, so I'll wander over there today on my way home. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby paul gage » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:32 am

My ex dragged me through those departments for years! That's where I met my future ex!
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby seal666 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:08 pm

As a former Lowes employee. If you buy it there they will take it back after using it. You would be amazed at what people bring back and the condition its in.
bob r
seal666

Return to SlotCar ToolTime