[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New slot car magazine

New slot car magazine

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

New slot car magazine

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:25 am

just picked this up last night at the LHS, pretty cool mag.

here are a few random pages

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Re: New slot car magazine

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:28 am

Yes sir, pretty cool stuff :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby vins123 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:25 pm

it looks really nice, i hope we can find it in Canada...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby J Y D » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks for sharing ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:36 am

Is it available by subscription?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:51 am

Anyone know where to buy this magazine online?

Yes, you can subscribe, but their site says that it will take 6-8 weeks for your first issue to arrive. That means that if you want issue #1 (because it looks like it's packed full of useful information) you're SOL.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bill from nh » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 am

goosenapper, individual copies can be ordered online from Pacific Coast Hobbies Parts Express in Oxnard, CA. Their website is at: http://e-slotcar.com/ I got my copy through them.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Thanks for the tip, Bill! I got mine on order today.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vipercf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:47 am

I received my copy of the Slot Cars Magazine Premiere issue.

It is absolutely fantastic, the magazine is excellent when compared to the not so good Model Car Racing Magazine.

So far for the articles I have read I did not find any proof reading errors, no misspelled words, or missing words.

I will be reading the entire magazine this weekend at least twice.

I called the publisher to Subscribe, and they were extremely helpful answering my questions, and I ordered my subscription.

Nice to see a decent magazine on slot cars with great articles.

Please support this magazine by subscribing, you will not be sorry, and you will be very happy that you did

Vipercf
vipercf

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 am

I got a chance to peek at a copy of it at the local track this week and have put in for a subscription to it - definitely liked what I saw in leafing through it!
(as a FYI - if you call, you can have your subscription start with this first issue as they are doing a second printing of it due to demand)
Looking forward to receiving my "official" copy!
:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SlotCarsMag » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks, guys!
I really appreciate the kind words, and glad you didn't find any spelling misteaks Viper!! :-)
Jairus and I have wanted to start a slot car mag for many years.
Model Cars, the sister pub, has been my baby for over 15 years, and she now has a little sister.
Funny thing is, the way the response has been on the new mag, little sis make become the big sis quite soon!

Also, we are always looking for new articles, writers, features, etc.
If you have ideas for articles, let me know.
We do pay for articles, after publication.
I'll try and update the writer's guidelines on the site soon.
I'm going to be bugging Harry for a lot of info shortly (been crazy Harry, sorry), and that will help a lot.
I am a newbie to the hobby, so I'm taking baby steps along the way.
I didn't race slot cars as a keiki (child, in Hawaiian) here in Hawai`i, but I'm a quick learner

Mahalo nui loa everyone (thanks a bunch)
Gregg Hutchings
gregg@slotcarsmag.com
SlotCarsMag

Postby RV Racing » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 pm

I am a longtime subscriber to Model Cars . . . looks like I'll be ordering a second subscription from you, Gregg! Thanks to TuscoTodd for the heads-up on ordering the first issue, I'd want to have the complete set <g>.

Cheers,
Rick V.
Last edited by RV Racing on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Young again » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Have just read the first issue and was more than pleased with the publication. Being a mature( 66 years of age) racer the mag takes me back to my younger days when I couldn't wait for the monthly slot car/modeling mags to hit the news stands. The articles and photos are first class which makes for an enjoyable and informative read. Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the next issue.
Young again

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:45 pm

No worries. I'm here when you need it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime