[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cool tool for limited bench space

Cool tool for limited bench space

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Cool tool for limited bench space

Postby btaylor » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Thought this was pretty cool, Bench grinder , polisher and Dremel type tool in one small space. Variable speed too!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-BENCH-GRIN ... 0680618733
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Cool tool for limited bench space

Postby ddyke » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:02 pm

How are the bearings? Are they loose or do they allow virtually no movement of the wheels on a front to rear plane?
http://www.harborfreight.com/bench-grin ... 43533.html
They have reviews.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Used 1 of those once, the die grinder vibrated so much made my hand go numb :o
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:41 pm

That is so not a good feeling! :lol: I did the same thing with a worn out DA Sander on a car one afternoon, couldnt even hold my Coffee cup when i got done!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby J Y D » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:11 pm

I have the same one got it at Harbor Freight.
Mite wanna check there for pricing also.

Hope it helps ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oz10k » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:44 am

oz10k

Postby btaylor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Ok Guys, I ordered this grinder. with free shipping, it was the best price I found on one. I cant speak for all the 3" models, but this one is Glass smooth, and has less vibration at the dremel wand than my actual dremel! The variable speed switch is very sensitive in that it has a very full range of smooth adjustments with no sudden spurts of power. The size is better than I expected (shown compared to a slot car) and the extra Dremel is nice to leave set up with one common bit so I don't have to swap out when i build so often. well worth the money in my book.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:11 am

Don't know if they have improved in recent years but all of the Chinese tools that I have bought in the past have garbage brushes that fail very quickly. I had a Harbor Freight bench grinder that didn't last two years under extremely light use. It will be interesting to see how well it does over the long haul. Sometimes folks get lucky and find real bargains.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:57 am

I doubt if they have improved much Mike, This seller did offer a warranty, A pain to send back, but better than most. This grinder is sold under many names, and the reviews are mixed. I will keep us up to date on the value of this rig. But i have to say, for pure convenience, and size, this thing really is handy. I do hope it lasts.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby ddyke » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:10 pm

$28 at the local Harbor Freight using their monthly 20% of coupon.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Nice! Glad to hear it works so well!

HF is great - some stuff is awesome, some ok, some meh. I am still using a 35 gallon HF air compressor for casting. This unit has been beat on pretty hard for the casting, running power tools in the garage - you name it.

I've got a bunch of other stuff that I use daily and it works great.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby J Y D » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:16 am

I've had mine for approx 5 years & it gets a fair amount of use with no problems.
I would recommend it based on my experience.

Hope it helps ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to SlotCar ToolTime