[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Let's get ready to tuuuuummmmbllllee

Let's get ready to tuuuuummmmbllllee

All About The Tools In Our Hobby
Product Reviews & Advice From Advanced Enthusiasts

Let's get ready to tuuuuummmmbllllee

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Let's get ready to tuuuuummmmbllllee

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Sweet deal! Looking forward to hearing what you think of that media in a vibratory tumbler Harry! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:35 pm

OK I'll ask the question. Yes I don't know
Harry is this used to polish brass chassis?
If so what is the media ?
Is it like a rock tumbler ?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:36 pm

You will like it, It makes em all shiny n' Purdy. I never really want to paint them afterwards though.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes sir.

The media is ceramic "chunks".

Yes, like a rock tumbler.

I swore I never needed or wanted one. But The General felt I did...and I just do what I'm told. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Just trying to keep up with them wealthy Aristocratic plantation owners that's why! :lol:

Colonel Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Yes, but I have to BUILD something to do that...and I still have not finished a thing today...lol
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:45 pm

I feel your pain Harry, The only things I have finished is two packs of Pall... and few pots of coffee.
Not a productive day.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Dave, with all the chassis you have if you got one there might me a worldwide shortage of media! :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chrisguyw » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 pm

You will love your new toy!!

Cheers
Chris Walker

This is a 40 year old chassis with its accumulated "patina"

Same chassis.....tumbled!!

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Wow... That looks nice...

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

That's the story with these things. The media I use is for brass cartridges and makes a more polished finish which is not as desirable as the satin finish in the photo above. I also add a little Brasso to the media, so before painting the brass bits need a degreasing (dipping in lacquer thinner and rub with a soft dry cloth).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bill from nh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm still old school. I use a stainless steel braid brush or an old toothbrush & a can of scouring powder such as Comet or Spic N Span. If I want a mirror shine on something, I use Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. I don't build much these days, so I doubt I'll be changing to a tumbler any time soon. :)
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Boss,

Now if you pick up some "All" liquid detergent, add some warm water to that media, dip your finger in the "All", rinse it off in the warm water, you will have some nice slot car jewelry.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Will do Marty. My 1:1 job is getting in my way...but I will do that.

And thank you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to SlotCar ToolTime