[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mr. Taylor or others, caution lights?

Mr. Taylor or others, caution lights?

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Mr. Taylor or others, caution lights?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:32 am

So bear with me as all these track accesory options are not my forte. I just picked up some trailer lights at a yard sale. Hooked them up and work of course, but curious on how to wire them up so that when I hit the spacebar for a track call (caution) they will come on.

I am using Trackmate with the relay in place, just not the track call button.

Silly really as we don't really race, I just want to do it for the heck of it.

Thanks for any help.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Mr. Taylor or others, caution lights?

Postby btaylor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 am

Harry,On the track mate relay,there is an extra spade terminal that will become hot when the caution or track call is made.
This terminal needs to connect to another normally open 12v automotive type relay.
The extra relay will need to be powered up and grounded on its own separate terminals.I used the same power source and ground coming out of my pro.motors power pac.
Basically you want the yellow lights wired through your second relay,and the trackmate relay wire tells it to turn on when the track call is made.
very easy,and im probably making it sound harder than it really is!
This the relay I used,but they are available thru any parts store.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191235529767?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
This one comes with a pre wired harness that makes the basic hookup a breeze,you don't have to figure out what terminals to use.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:45 am

Outstanding, thanks very much. I am just busy with other stuff and being normally lazy.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 pm

I can get you one from work, the switches we use come with both NO and NC but we only use the NC ones so I have 3-4 in my work bench
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:27 pm

That link I posted shows that relay as an NO, But it is both, I think they called it that because of the harness they send.
If you were using led's, you could hook directly to the track mate relay, but I would not risk a heavier load being hooked to that interface. just me being cautious.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Wow, you guys are just getting too high-tech for me. I don't even have call buttons! Wait...I don't even have power at the moment...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RichD » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 am

If your track power relay is a double throw type you can connect your lights to the normally unused contact provided that your track is run at something near 12 volts.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:48 pm

eAddict

Postby btaylor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:35 pm

I will try and get something drawn up and posted. I have done some testing on this,and if you are using low draw lights like LED's you can hook the light directly to the tracmate relay unused spade connector for your power source when track power is off.
You only need a load carrying relay for big lights like Harry wants to use.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby eAddict » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Any update on the diagrams?
eAddict

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

I want a sound file that has a submarine dive alarm-- ah-OOO-gah ah-OOO-gah Dive! Dive! Crash Dive!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:28 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby RichD » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:08 am

How about this? This version has green lights on when the track power is on and red lights on when the track power is off. You could use yellow lights in place of the red ones. Note that yellow LEDs operate at a lower voltage than green LEDs, so the dropping resistors for each color would be different. If you are using regular automotive incandescent lights you can run those at 12 volts. If you are going to use LEDs make sure that you know what the voltage really is. Many 12 volt power supplies actually put out 13.8 volts. You would need to select the correct dropping resistors based on the power supply voltage as well as the operating voltage and current draw of the LEDs. There are online calculators available for sizing the resistors.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 pm

eAddict

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Nice work, guys. Very helpful.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to Layout Planning & Design