[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Third time's a charm...

Third time's a charm...

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Third time's a charm...

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:01 pm

After spending time with pinball machines and HO tracks, I have come to the conclusion that I would like to get back my original 3-lane 1/32 track setup but with it being new and improved. (I'll still race HO at the upcoming Fray in Ferndale but for home it's 1/32.)

Now that the holidays are over, I have been busily clearing out the garage to reclaim the space for the third incarnation of the "Yolo Speedway." (I live in Yolo county.) I am selling my HO fray door track tomorrow (I hope) so I will be able to start pretty much right away. Can't wait!

Here's what I had:

I tried to do the four lane setup but it was a real stretch fitting that into my tiny garage. So, time to start building a simple table structure on castors so I can roll it out into the driveway for easy maintenance, etc.

Any ideas (links) for an easy to make table structure?

Cheers,
Mike
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Third time's a charm...

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 pm

That's pretty fancy and YELLOW. Wow. i will just make a basic 1x2 frame system with 2x4 as the posts for the wells (legs). Glad my website has helped fule the desire to build a track. Luckily, I kept all of the infrastructure from my 4-lane setup including the vintage SlotCarCorner drivers stations.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Good to see you back with us, I look forward to seeing your new track progress.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby acmost » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 am

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:55 am

Me too!

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:20 am

The track with the "invisible bridge" is neat!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ListerStormGT » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:08 am

Mike, I always really liked your track and how you made it work in such a small area. On my recent track I used 1x4's for the framing with the 2x4's for the legs. I also put caster wheels on mine so I could move it around, best thing I ever did! Being able to move the whole track around when you need to is great and very helpful for those of us with small spaces. Are you planning on doing something similar as your old track or going for something different this time? Look forward to the progress.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks everyone. It's good to be back here. And yes, I pretty much want to replicate my old track but with smoother flow and less bondo repairs than the old one had (LOL). I sold my HO fray track today and I can now start on putting together a 1x4 framing. In looking at my old setup I really want to replicate that cloverleaf...I never realized how good that section was until it was gone. My kids are getting older now so they may be a little more inclined to race if their friends are visiting, etc. If not, no worries, there is a group of people I race HO with that also do 1/32.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Good to see you back in the fold! I look forward to watching your track build.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Layout Planning & Design