[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Need Ideas for 4X8 Rally Track

Need Ideas for 4X8 Rally Track

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Need Ideas for 4X8 Rally Track

Postby jcis4me » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 am

Hi All
I know that this might have been addressed already but I am using this . . .
to make a single lane rally track, I am willing to cut and go up to make it a hill climb too.
I have a bunch of track to use so I am not unlimited but think I have enough to make a good sized lay out. I was wondering if anybody has seen or has pictures so I can get some ideas.
Thanks in advance!
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Need Ideas for 4X8 Rally Track

Postby goosenapper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks goose pics are really what I am looking for.
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Spend some time here: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=96 .
There is a Spanish slot forum that had a lot of rally information on it. Sadly, my brain cells can't remember what it is.
Also, Google 'slot car rally' and 'slot car rally tracks'. You can find many pictures in the Images that come up. And check out You Tube.

Good luck.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 pm

I use the loops for a test track on my workbench sometimes, just to keep from having to dust the track and reset things for a 3 minutes tuning test. They are only useful as turnarounds at the ends because the texture of Ninco track is so awful. But slowing down and going acrefully around the loop is no trouble. I use converter tracks to make sure the trackage in between the loops are Scaley, so its more like other brands and wood tracks. Just so you know it can be done, in case you worry about what Ninco track does to your tires and paintwork.

Aside from that, there are lots of brilliant rally tracks online. I remember one that had alternate paths through tall grass and a twisting wooden plank bridge, and even an area high up with flour on the track simulating snow in the mountains. I think that one was in Italy. I should also mention that Jeremy (bibbster), has built a great routed wood hillclimb.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Layout Planning & Design