New Track

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

New Track

Postby blkdog1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 pm

NOT. I have no track, but I have the fever and 4 cars. I have been trying to find a Scalextric Digital Platinum Race Set. There are a few out there but at twice the price. I don't believe I will settle. I do have plans moving forward to construct a routed track.
I am still hopeful of the set but have started my routed track. (very infant stage) Will keep ya'll posted.
blkdog1

Re: New Track

Postby MoparGreg » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Welcome to HRW, hope you are feeling better. Once you go wood you will never go back!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Welcome! If you find the track expensive, I'd consider a routed one as well.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby blkdog1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:41 pm

I know you are right about the routed track and I do have one in process. Routed tracks are GREAT when you have the room to stretch them out. I currently have a limited amount of space (8.5X10) which would allow for the longest possible straight to be approx. 12 ft. I know it would be smooth and really fast.... for the size. How much can I effectively cram into an 8x10 space. On the other hand the Digital option gives me a great deal more flexibility in track design, space management, and driving options (games with-in the race itself) to keep everyone interested long term. But I will have a routed track as well, maybe outdoors. I do live in Texas and it doesn't rain much here, very few Cold days and I do have an Large area between the house and the pool that will support a stretched track and be 100% on a cement foundation. Off the ground of course. Until the routed track is complete and as I feel the Need for Speed..... Magnatech Raceway is 20 min from my house and Jim has 2 commercial 8 lane tracks over 150' each (one is a King). That is my reasoning. Am I wrong? Any suggestions I should consider? All input is helpful.
blkdog1

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:55 pm

I wouldn't worry about cramming in...if you have plans for scenery. I find that making it look good is part of the enjoyment for me.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Layout Planning & Design