newbie needs help!!

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

newbie needs help!!

Postby krazikev » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm

hi all thanks for the forum my Qs is this, i took down my track lay out and sold it. this track layout was based on robert the editor of mcr magizine. He test his cars on every other month and gives lap times. the book and issue mag. he use to have the layout in is no longer in print and his website has no contact or phone# to ask him. so i am here wondering if anyone has his layout of the SCALEXTRIC 36 FOOT F1 TRACK TEST LAYOUT plan. has to be the scalextric layout. i need the part# of the pieces of scalextric track to build it. any info would be greatly appreciated. thankyou :(
krazikev

Re: newbie needs help!!

Postby krazikev » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't tell me which f1 mcr mag. Is testing on. I was looking at this on his site but it doesn't have a way to access the plans and doesn't tell me the pieces I need or a layout pattern, Also now that I think about it his plan was in one of his earlier books not in the issues. I don't know if anyone here reads his mags. But each issue he tests a different car and gives his best lap time on this track and then he mods the car and runs again. I always use to try to beat his time. Anyway, does anyone else have any thoughts??
krazikev

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 pm

well, kev, i've emailed him in the past and he's replied. think i found his email either in the subscribe part of the website (not any more i guess) or i replied to a sub' confirmation, if you have any of those saved. if not, i can dig around in my email stuff and try to find it. or you could shoot in the dark and try customerservice@modelcarracingmag.com or something similar.
i too think it's pretty poor when you have a business and don't provide contact info other than snail-mail.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby krazikev » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am

That would be great if you can dig that sub comformation up I would appreciate it! :D
krazikev

Postby WB2 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 am

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm

thanks WB. sounds about right to me; i'll add it to my links. not the most professional thing in the world, but he puts out a pretty interesting rag.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Harry, how come you didn't jump in here?
just wondering, Sir. you used to have articles there, right? you must know the guy.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby krazikev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm

thanks all for the help but i tried wb2s idea with the modelcarracingmag@hotmail.com but it just came back to me has a failed email. i am wondering if i will ever will get these plans, robert has a great mag but a horrable way of contact! :cry: :cry:
krazikev

Postby ourwayband » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:02 pm

I think the track you are looking for is his Ascari track .Here are a couple of pictures.If this is a copy right deal,guys please remove the pictures.I found it in his book Racing and collecting Slot cars.Pages 64 and 69.
here is the list
18 Standard curve
16 outer curve
1 1/4 straight
1 1/2 s
9 full s
1 connector track
2 chicane
Hope this helps
Rusty
ImageImage
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Sorry Speedy, I know him of course but never had much input with the magazine and no way of getting those plans other than email.

No deal Rusty...you are just trying to help the guy out, much appreciated.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks Harry,didn't want to cause a problem.
Thanks man
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Layout Planning & Design