[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Track in Progress

Track in Progress

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Track in Progress

Postby Csegreti » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm

The tables are 12x8. There is a wooden frame that is supported by 4 different shelving units. There is small piece in the center that comes up if I ever needed to marshal or when i inventively take apart the track for a new layout. I can't ever seem to find one i really like.

I do need some 1/30 inside and outside borders as well as 2 half straights if anyone has any lying around. Now i really need 2 half straights so I can squeeze in borders on the front stretch and possibly on the back. I run 1/24th so they can ride the wall a little in the back but not too bad.
Csegreti

Re: Track in Progress

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Among the pieces Carrera doesn't make are 1/2 straights. I think the shorties are 1/4 and 1/3. To make a 1/2 you would have to use 2 1/4 pieces and 2 aprons. I have found with all my Carrera tracks it is easier and faster to just cut track to make pieces that you need. I use a cut off tool to cut and then a glue gun to glue the cut end to a straight or curve that will be adjacent to the cut piece. The rail extensions that plug into the next track are easily removed and put in the newly cut rail. It is really pretty easy, don't be afraid to try it.
I have an assortment of cut up pieces I have made over the years. From 3/4 straights to 1/2 # 3 curves and even some odd size #3 and 4 curves I cut to make a tri oval one time.

I wish Carrera would make # 1/2 curves. They would be a good addition to their lineup. Of course, I would also like to see banked curves about half as steep as them make now and some 5 foot straights.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olddude13 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 pm

mattb
Can you post pictures of some cut track pieces ? id like to see ho you do it
Thanks
olddude13

Postby mattb » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm

cut track.JPG
cut track 4.JPG

The straight is un-cut. The end is cut off the curved track and then it is glued to the straight. That gives you a factory plug in connection at each end of this new piece.

I put a piece of bare #12 wire inside the rail from one piece to the next to be sure the conductivity was good. If you work carefully you can pull the connector points out of the piece to be cut and then after cutting put them in the newly cut in. It all works, experiment. If you have more questions, just ask.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olddude13 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks
olddude13

Postby indybob009 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am

That's a great trick to know matb' It would be great if Carrera would make a less bank and more pieces but I do not see that happening.
indybob009

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:05 am

That is a great reminder that one can always "modify" factory pieces to fit your needs!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to Layout Planning & Design