[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Lap Counting Software Options

Lap Counting Software Options

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Lap Counting Software Options

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

Have been having some good discussions offline about the various SOFTWARE out there. Not the hardware.

Both my tracks use the Trackmate software that came in hardware package I installed. It works for my needs but I was thinking it might be time to try something new?

This for my analog wood tracks, not digital.

So what software do you use and why?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Lap Counting Software Options

Postby kidvoltage » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 am

Locally our tracks use either Ultimate Racer or Race Coordinator. Both are easy to install and work great.

UR is now a cost product while RC is free although they do accept donations.

I would recommend either. I would also steer away from LT2000 if you desire to run managed races. LT2K is easy to install and works fine but it only knows the current heat and no others.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks, I keep hearing Race Coordinator a lot. Perhaps its time to test.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Fitzy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:34 am

We use PC Lap Counter a lot has driver and car management and you can customize the display we use it on a Carrera Digital track works really well no bugs that I know of I would recommend updating the firmware on the track control unit looks like it works with just about everything too I plan on using it with the track mate system on our new Monogram track worth looking into! For Carrera Digital we also like Bruce Ynglings RMS!

http://www.pclapcounter.be/
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 am

I got a DS system I will sell ya, its real expensive and kind of a PITA to set up but it works, I don't use it much
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:08 pm

I use Race Co-ordinator when running analog. Works great and allows customization if you don’t mind doing some file manipulations. Has a Pretty robust race management portion for those that need it.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 pm

So it has fuel option, do a lot of you use this in your series?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby kidvoltage » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Fuel is only used for digital racing here.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 pm

we use race coordinator down here, it works great.
It has a fuel usage system for analogue, you just stop under your light bridge when fuel is low, you can also adjust the fuel burn rate and fill up rate as well. Unlike the digital fuel, your car speed stays constant regardless of how much fuel you have onboard, but if you run it empty then your laps don't count
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:06 pm

I read and heard good things about Race Coordinator, and when I checked out the VIASUE site it was on sale. I plan to run it like Pepsi62 says. I got it w components built up for four lane wood, I will build my own 'Dunlop Bridge' for it...
Last edited by FC47 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 pm

BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:26 pm

We run SlotTrak with fuel options. It also has tire options but we don't use those.
We base the fuel usage on your qualifying time and set it to require a stop in every race (10 laps of fuel for a 20 lap race, for example)...if you run too fast you burn too much and have to stop twice. We also adjust the refuel time to adjust for car speed....the fast car sits in the pits longer. It's a handicapping system that gives everyone a chance to win.
The program stores history and can be used to track points although we don't do that.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 pm

I will say that I have not tried all of the many options that are available, but I have tried several. Some options that you pay for and all of them that I could find that were free. Race Coordinator is by far the most feature rich and customizable offering that I have seen. The price tag is a very hefty, FREE. Donations are excepted and if you like it and decide to use it I highly recommend it. The money goes to a good cause.

Race Coordinator is my software of choice. Free is a plus, but what it dose is what sells me on it. It would seem that it can support even your wildest ideas. Want live race updates to your cell phone or tablet? They do that. Want to see live race data in different formats on different screen all at the same time? It dose that. Want to see who is on deck (drivers in the next race) while the current race is running? It dose that. Can be on the screen with the live race data, on a extended desktop, sent to a secondary device over a local network, ect.

Want race results? How do you want them? Excel spread sheet? Live and updated pushed out to the internet? Yep, It dose that. Want to run more than one event and score it as a series or season? Ya, it dose that too.

Driver stats, Car stats, Track stats. Yep. They got that too.

Hardware compatibility issues? Nope. It works with everything I have seen. Trackmate, Adrino, Raspberry Pi, you name it. I use the good old parallel port option with hardware I build myself. Infrared LED's mounted in a arch over the track above photo transistors that are in holes on the track. Hardware cost is less than $20.00

As if I haven't said enough already, one of my favorite features is the way it uses the track call button to advance from heat to heat. Example...
Start a race from the computer. Track power is off. Voice and on screen prompts count down to race start time (you can set how long this time is). When the timer hits zero the track power comes on and the light bar pops up. Voice prompts along with the lights going 1 by 1 from off state to lit red. When they are all red the next count is GO (voice prompt) and all the lights go green. F1 style. Race runs it course with track calls from the keyboard space bar or external buttons or just runs till it is complete (Depends on how you do things or if you end up having any track calls). When the race is over (by laps count reached or time, it up to you to choose) the track power goes off (Also an option). Race results are still on the screen and you are ready for the next heat. Stage cars on the starting line and hit the track call button or space bar and the system automatically advances to the next round and the count down to green.

My opinion, It's free so what have you got to loose?

Tip: Even if you don't run formal races check out your race results in the spread sheet. It tells you information that you never even thought about asking for, but will love to have. Even driver reaction time at the race start.

It's endless.Try it.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 am

I have been using Race coordinator for four years now on my analog Cherokee point track. it has fuel option, and we use that feature all the time. very fun, and flawless program in my op.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:17 am

Thanks guys for the feedback, priceless information.

Yes Bob, I remember our conversation. I think this will be the first one I try. But I will dabble in all.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Layout Planning & Design