Possum Holler caught at the border......

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Possum Holler caught at the border......

Postby ourwayband » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Well since I lost my racing buddy,I have been running solo..Some would say the way I race I should run solo... ;) ;) Got a couple of buds racing,but we are running RC monster trucks..Slots seem to just keep pulling me back in.They have for years..Setting up a track and just didn't want to spend the cash for borders,plus with the size of the track most would have to be cut any way.Ran across the idea of using blue foam for borders on the net a while back.The foam board can be bought for around $20 a 4x8 foot sheet,but it is too thick..Cut it so that could run thru the band saw.Measured the thickness with a piece of Carrera track and set the guide.You will get about two pieces with just a tad left over. Easy to do,Trim,paint with your favorite color and tack it down.Seems to work well and a very low cost.The taller your band saw the bigger the pieces.Mine is a smaller unit we use to make our guitars but it worked....Over the years I've made them out of board,cardboard,etc,but this seems to work the best..
Rusty
Last edited by ourwayband on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Possum Holler caught at the border......

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Smart idea!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Possum Holler caught at the border......

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Looking good OWB!!!! The layout looks pretty sweet too with speed and technicality!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Layout Planning & Design