Ninco to Scaley/SCX adapter

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Ninco to Scaley/SCX adapter

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Ok, Looks like I'm going to get some room to finally expand my Ninco "test track" into a more usable space (emptying the basement in prep for move in about 16 months). I am playing with the idea of using the Ninco to Scaley Classic/SCX adapter tracks to: A) add some variety to my track (varying width, etc; even looking for an original Scaley hump back bridge). and B) save some money while extending lap length (SCX track can be had generally cheaper than Ninco). Does anyone out there have experience with using the two together? Particularly interested in pitfalls and problems from the design point of view, i.e. making the two ends meet. I'm already aware there may be varying slot depths and things of that ilk. Any and all suggestions/info gratefully accepted.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ninco to Scaley/SCX adapter

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Ok, from the lack of input I'm assuming (1st mistake) that either:
A) No one has done this.
B) It's a piece of cake and I have nothing to worry about.
or
C) You all are interested in how far screams of frustration can be heard from NE Indiana. :angry-screaming: :scared-eek: :confusion-scratchheadyellow:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Well, you said you knew about the slot depth thing :)

Which is a big pitfall in my eyes. Not sure I would want to start trimming all my guides??
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I have to agree about the slot depth issue.

I have a rally track with a mix of Scalextric sport / Scalextric Classic and SCX track pieces, and most cars (even SCX) often need at a little guide modification to run well on that track. I don't mind modifying my rally cars, since those are the cars I made that track for, but I rarely modify any of my other cars to run on it, instead I use them on my other track, which is Carrera.

SCX and Scalextric Classic is often referred to as the same track, but from my experience there are some slight differences, and Classic track have the shallowest slot.
356speedster

Return to Layout Planning & Design