Table Design Help.

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Table Design Help.

Postby tmsmith01 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello Forum Members,
I need help designing a table for setting up a mounted slot car track. I am a long time slot car addict of all scales both home and commercial racing. Due to a need to downsize living conditions, I no longer have a garage to convert into a raceway and I am living in a small one bedroom apartment. I have been looking for a table design that can be broken down and stored easily. Potentially, I would setup in my living room and race for a day or two, then store until the next session. Storage can be underneath a queen size bed, behind a full size couch, broken down on an outside patio or a combination of all of the above. I have built tables that use folding legs but those won’t work for my goals. I have also tried the hollow core door layouts and they leave a lot to be desired for the racing that I enjoy. My goal is to be able to setup a table that measures anywhere from 4 to 5 feet wide and 8 to 10 feet long. I am thinking about selling my TOMY plastic track and purchasing MaxTrax to use with this table. I will also have the option of using a decent amount of Ninco track if decide go 1/32 scale instead of HO Thanks in advance for all of the replies. Happy racing.
tmsmith01

Re: Table Design Help.

Postby bigman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:37 am

HI Guy
:scared-eek: How about hanging it from the Ceiling :idea: :violence-stickwhack:
I've seen some pretty good ideas on WWW. :idea:

A couple of sheets of plywood would fit under your bed.
That's is more then enough room for a great HO layout. :auto-driving:
Put sides on so you could stack them under the bed and
You could put handles on the ends for moving them easily. :idea:
Some small saw horses would work to get the track up off the floor :idea:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Layout Planning & Design