[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Scale Strombecker Track

1/32 Scale Strombecker Track

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

1/32 Scale Strombecker Track

Postby Fitzy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Anyone have any experience with a 1/32 scale Strombecker Track I recently ran into a box of track in pretty good condition thinking about setting up another track.
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 Scale Strombecker Track

Postby burad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 pm

There's nothing wrong with it, technically, IMHO. Had one for a while and gave it away when i got an Artin track. Finding the right new pieces - in good condition - to do what you want with a layout may be challenging though. And depends on what you want to use to count laps/times. Don't remember if they ever had a digital lap counter.
burad

Postby btaylor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:32 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:28 am

I bought a box of track at a flea market a few years ago and finally set it up as a 30' road course a couple of years ago. The track runs everything fine even 1/24 scale revel cars. I wired mine for brakes and use a modern variable power supply. I also used copper tape not only for power, but it also gets rid of a lot of that clickity clack sound.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:11 am

Wow that looks great Bob!! I Have a Carrera Digital Track we have alot of fun with it I am looking to build another track thought since I have a box full of track prob 40 straights and 40 turns i would put it to use little nostalgic too do all the slot cars we buy now fit that slot without modifying the guide? is that all done with standard straights and turns? you made the borders? I would love to see more pictures!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 am

I have to shave some of the guides a very little bit off the bottom, and I ramp the front edge a tiny bit. They all will run, just makes a noise when crossing track joints. All my curves are standard Strommie, the boarders are old Revell off EBAY. Some are homemade from plaster or bondo. My track is all 1966 steel rail. The tape keeps constant continuity. It is a very fun track. Several guy's from the board have ran on it and liked it.
I will take a few more pics for you.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Doubleshots » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 am

Doubleshots

Postby Fitzy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:42 am

Sounds Interesting I would love to see some pictures of it what board material did you use from Lowe's for the borders?
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubleshots » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Doubleshots

Postby mattb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:10 pm

I've had and built home tracks with every type of plastic track commonly available. Eldon is the only one I haven't used. Before you get too far into this project, I would really consider switching to Revell or Monogram track. The up front cost is not all that bad and it is just a one time expense. The upside is better quality, both radi of curves are plentiful. Inner and outer aprons are also readily available. The slot is deep enough for commercial guide flags and the lane spacing is 3 1/2. Fine for 1/32, close but will work for 1/24 narrow cars. I'm not knocking Strombecker, just saying that before you get too far into this project, consider everything. Used track from Mono and Rev seems to have gotten cheaper the last few years as Carrera has become the gold standard in home tracks and more guys have gone to wood. Just my 2 cents, not knocking anybody else's stuff.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Layout Planning & Design