[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Digital 132 Track Layout Advice...

Carrera Digital 132 Track Layout Advice...

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Carrera Digital 132 Track Layout Advice...

Postby slotgolfr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am

Hello All!

Other than broken garage-sale AFX I obsessed over when I was young, I'm pretty much a beginner with this hobby but enjoying so far.  I'm trying to pass on some of that experience to my young kids so I picked up two used sets of Carrera D132 track and cars, and have the following track in my inventory:

1 x Control Unit
1 x Double lane change
1 x Left to Right lane change
1 x Right to Left lane change
19 x Straights
16 x 1/60 curves
4 x 1/3 straights

This is what I've mashed up but I would sure appreciate some advice or alternative ideas / best practices for a fun track that would be more suited for kids and less technical.    Space isn't much of an issue, but a bit more compact would be nicer.  I've added in one power tap directly across the control unit, which is about the halfway mark.  The lanes are equal at 1394cm (4.7ft) each.

I'm hoping not to buy much (or any?) more track for the time being other than perhaps a pit lane and maybe one banked curve.  Speaking of which, anyone know of a good source for track in Canada?  Or just keep trawling Kijiji (Craigslist equivalent).

Here's a link to the track if you want to fiddle around with it:

http://www.softyroyal.de/?t=4154eed5

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

track-layout.png
slotgolfr

Re: Carrera Digital 132 Track Layout Advice...

Postby dw5555 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:25 am

Welcome, I won't rehash what I said on SCI but I will add I would shy away from the banked curves for now until you decide you want to stay in it. As for the layout, again for now keep it simple to keep the kids interested. Nothing worse that having them lose interest by having to keep putting the cars back on the track. That's what nice about digital you can adjust the speed so they don't come off the track. Just watchin em can be a hoot. :lol:
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slotgolfr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks for the advice (on both sites). Sheesh, I had originally created the post on SCI, his submit and the site crashed. Reloaded the site, and it crashed again. Gave up and then came here to post the same thing instead and when I went back to SCI I see that I double-posted. :doh: Great way for me to introduce myself to the hobby.

Wow! That's an incredible track. Thank you for sharing that.

Yeah, I already have the speed turned waaaaay down for the younger one who basically mashes the button to full throttle and jumps up and down. So fun!

My thought on the banks was that it would be easier to keep the cars on in the corners at speed, not harder.
slotgolfr

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:23 am

Problem with the Carrera banks (especially the R1) is some of their cars won’t make it through the corner because the guide won’t stay in due to radius of bank. F1 cars are a problem in the banks.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slotgolfr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:39 am

Good to know! We have a few F1 cars so I'll avoid the banks.
slotgolfr

Return to Layout Planning & Design