[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The River Run - Beginnings

The River Run - Beginnings

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: The River Run - Beginnings

Postby Audi1 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 pm

I know, I know, I'm slacking off here......... But my intentions are honorable, so that should be at least one point on my slide..........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Is the road to the River Run paved with good intentions?????
Or latex paint and braid, as it were? ;)

Yeoman work indeed.....I just couldn't wait, and the first lane ran before the other two were braided...you might say I was a little impatient :oops:

I like the track, and noodled on a similar design......and then somehow didn't get there once the router started. So I am a bit jealous, and wanting to see how it runs (might have an ulterior motive somewhere).....
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Wed May 06, 2015 5:32 pm

These finishing touches (color, fencing) lend a much better 3D perspective to a beautiful course; increasing and decreasing radius turns, varying radius esses, and four straight sections, each leading to a different type of curve. There seem to be lots of challenges packed into a single lap.

Congratulations to you and Pearson Architectural Design & Construction. Nicely done.

:text-coolphotos:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:58 am

Thanks Bob.

..................and then there's that river................ :think: :think: :think: :D

I've got some ideas; we'll see what hatches next week.............. :dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu May 07, 2015 7:12 am

Looking great Allan.
Its been nice to see your patience and efforts come to this beautiful layout.
Im looking forward to our ROAR visit.
Well done Sir.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Z-carfan » Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

Adding that Sintra makes it look so realistic, kind of like a concrete barrier on some road courses. The track work is super! Well done!
I'm curious where you find the Sintra, and is it sold in those dimensions or do you have to cut to size?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Sintra is a brand name for PVC. I sourced mine from a company in Londonderry, NH. It comes in various thicknesses in 4' x 8' sheets. It has to be cut to size. My store cut mine to my specs. I can send you the store details if you want them.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Allan, I think it's cool......and with some banks for scenery it's going to look very nice indeed. All tracks look sterile at this point. Just depends on what you want. A full scenic layout is only starting from this point.....

And I am going try and start a chant.........
We want a lap
We want a lap
We want a lap
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Thanks chappyman66.

Let me morph that into: "me want a lap"!

But, there's still a lot left to do. Electrical hook-up probably won't be until June 6th, because I'm away from May 16th to June 6th. After that, it'll be laps all day long..................!

I'm going to start work on the perimeter barrier tomorrow; white Sintra again; 3" above track height.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Allan - the track is just fabulous! Great work!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Looking good Allan. Looking forward to race day! :auto-driving:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Audi1 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:42 am

Thanks David and Jeff.

Jeff, there's still time to join in on the ROAR fun run. There should be 20+ cars at this track for the first race just after mid-June. '49-'63 Le Mans style roadsters and prototypes. Sound interesting..................?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Thu May 21, 2015 5:28 am

I would love to be in on that. How are you table borders coming?
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard